News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulver

It's Friday! (oh ffs, now that song is stuck in my head)...
Counteract with more cheer...both my Wings and my boyfriend's Habs won their first playoff games, it's happy times!

Tank

I did some work for a company a while ago, over a year ago actually, and they never paid me (bastards) today I got an email from them saying their cash flow had improved and they could now pay me! £1,300 out of the blue!  :upset: I feel like Basil Fawlty with his £10 note!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

oscarstrok

portal 2 is now out :3
and it is awesome

fester30

Quote from: "Tank"I did some work for a company a while ago, over a year ago actually, and they never paid me (bastards) today I got an email from them saying their cash flow had improved and they could now pay me! £1,300 out of the blue!  :upset: I feel like Basil Fawlty with his £10 note!

WOW that's like $10,000 American!  I want that kind of luck.  Problem is I probably owe an ex employer that much for work I pretended to do.

Tank

Quote from: "fester30"
Quote from: "Tank"I did some work for a company a while ago, over a year ago actually, and they never paid me (bastards) today I got an email from them saying their cash flow had improved and they could now pay me! £1,300 out of the blue!  :upset: I feel like Basil Fawlty with his £10 note!

WOW that's like $10,000 American!  I want that kind of luck.  Problem is I probably owe an ex employer that much for work I pretended to do.
lol It's more like $2,120 at the moment, but it's still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

WrenJen

I'm cheerful because I have been to 4 atheist/agnostic/skeptic get-togethers in less than 10 days, and have NOW found all of YOU guys!  I wasn't aware there were actual, live people near me with similar beliefs.  Duh!  So, I'm happy.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "WrenJen"I wasn't aware there were actual, live people near me with similar beliefs.  Duh!  So, I'm happy.

Don't forget us who share a lack of similar beliefs.
I don't, mean to dampen you cheer though.
Dance on pink elephants.

Melmoth

We've got the royal divorce to look forward to! :D Double jubilation!
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Melmoth on April 29, 2011, 04:45:02 PM

What a cynic.

And, actually, I'm rather looking forward to the "Royal Affair."
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Will37

The swift destruction of my enemies.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

PapistItalian16

Reasons to be cheerful:

1. Christ is risen.
2. Christ will come again.
3. I just ate the BEST Pastrami sandwich. EVER.
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

amppax

Quote from: The Black Jester on April 29, 2011, 04:49:38 PM
Quote from: Melmoth on April 29, 2011, 04:45:02 PM

What a cynic.

And, actually, I'm rather looking forward to the "Royal Affair."

Anyone taking bets on how long before one or the other happens? my money's on under 5 years

missedtheboat

May 21 is coming up, and I can't wait! How funny will that be?! ;D

Tank

Quote from: missedtheboat on May 11, 2011, 03:30:03 PM
Let's hope your user name doesn't become staggeringly ironic  ;D

missedtheboat

Quote from: Tank on May 11, 2011, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: missedtheboat on May 11, 2011, 03:30:03 PM
Let's hope your user name doesn't become staggeringly ironic  ;D
hahahahaha!