News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosesarepizza

Crocoduck! Wonderful.

My username looks mysterious or whatever but actually it's a reference to something that I guess is cute.

When my little sister was 7, which I guess makes me 10 at the time, one of my cousins and I read her diary. It was some children's diary where the character from some Judy Blume-ish series would write one page and the owner of the book would fill in the next page in a format similar to the previous page. On one page there was a poem about favorite foods that was something like
"Roses are red, violets are blue. I like blueberries, and strawberries, too." (I am really improvising.)

My sister wrote, in response:
"Roses are pizza
Violets are pancake
I like chiken"

I love my sister. That's all my username means!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

rosesarepizza I think I may order pizza for dinner tonight. Yum
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Matthaios

Mine's a bit obvious - just Greek for "Matthew".
Matthaios

OldGit

Beware the Aparfgoppooth, my son -
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch ...

xSilverPhinx

...the fangs that will latch and toss him from this thread. ::) It is his fate, I dread. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

And indeed, the Aparfgoppooth was ejected together with his spam.  Pity, it's a good name.

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on December 12, 2011, 08:20:47 PM
And indeed, the Aparfgoppooth was ejected together with his spam.  Pity, it's a good name.
And we got us what can only be classified as a priceless epic tale going  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Enrique

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Quote from: Enrique on December 12, 2011, 10:19:55 PM
Enrique because my name is Enrique.
I went into that trap as well. I wish I had chosen a cool username.
The world's what you create.

Sovereign_Reason

Quote from: teifuani on June 19, 2010, 01:06:50 PM
Mine is how I romanize the katakana version of my name (テã,£ãƒ•ã,¡ãƒ‹ãƒ¼). Technically it'd probably be either "Tifanii" or "Teifuanii," but I like the way teifuani looks better.

That's pretty cool.  I actually knew a bit of Katakana and Hirigana, but when I got to the Kanji side of the house, I felt like my head was going to explode lol!  

Well to answer the topic's question, my name comes from a great book by Terry Goodkind called "Pillar of Fire" (I think... it's a series lol).  There's a quote by the main character that I really loved.  "The only sovereign that I can allow to rule me is Reason."  I guess it just stuck with me lol.

Sgtmackenzie

Sgtmackenzie.   I have used this one for almost 10 years now.     It is the name of a scottish dirge for fallen heroes as well as the name of one of those fallen heroes in World War 1.

lomfs24

I again, mentioned this in my original thread about how I got to have my user name. My name comes from my all time favorite movie, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". It means "little old man from scene 24". However, when I first came up with this user name many moons ago, I misquoted the movie. The quote really is "it's the old man from scene 24". But by the time I had realized that I had already used the user name and had a muscle memory of typing lomfs24. No going back now.

Tank

^^^ I think this is one of the most creative names I've read about.