News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is it me, or do my matters concern elsewhere?

Started by Joe Klooski, June 09, 2010, 01:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Klooski

Hello everyone! I am new to this website (and extremely bored, btw.) and want to know what this site is exactly about.

Is this website about flamewars or just about complaining about praying with you're grandmother over souptime? Thanks.
Lets face the facts here rather than resorting to stupidity

pinkocommie

...neither?  Hahaha, what a weird dichotomy.  It's certainly not about flamewars though, that kind of thing is actively discouraged, and I have read about people who are frustrated with going through the motions of faith with their families, but more generally I see this forum as a place where largely (but not strictly) godless people come to talk about different topics, from religion to current events to personal stuff.  We have atheists, Christians, agnostics, Pagans, Pantheists, Deists, Satanists, Muslims, Catholics, all kinds of people here, which is why I like it so much.  I hope you like it too and decide to stick around!  =D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Joe Klooski

Lets face the facts here rather than resorting to stupidity

pinkocommie

We can pretend flamewar if you want?  

You're made of poo and your hair smells of cabbage!  :twak:  :twak:  

Who's next?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

i_am_i

Quote from: "Joe Klooski"Is this website about flamewars or just about complaining about praying with you're grandmother over souptime? Thanks.

Complaining about praying with you are grandmother over souptime?

Yes, that's exactly what this is about. It's all about complaining about praying with you are grandmother over souptime. Thanks.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Sophus

Sorry, I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread except for:

Where have I seen this animated cat avatar before?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Tank

Quote from: "Sophus"Sorry, I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread except for:

It's one of the standard forum avatars.

As to the exact purpose of this place? Unknown and unique to each member I would expect  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

KDbeads

Quote from: "Sophus"Sorry, I don't really have anything to contribute to this thread except for:

Uhmmm me?

I've been thinking about changing it to my regular avatar....... hmmm.... guess I should  :D
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams