News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Another "New-Person" Post

Started by Sophia, April 29, 2007, 09:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia

Hello, all. This would of course be my  introduction and besides being brand-new here, I am new I guess you would say, in just waking up and redefining my beliefs. New I say, and improved! I went down the Methodist road, turned on to the Baptist Beltway, went to Pagan park and then the Wiccan walk-bike-skate.. I'm trying to be 'cute' I guess.. but I have lived some of the 'been there done that'.. and am done with that. I supposed I best describe myself now as, what? A first-year atheist? LOL..
One thing I have felt since coming to this point, waking up more or less is a bit intimidated by the great knowledge of others. I consider myself intelligent and eager to learn and discover and have had some college though admittedly I dropped out. I was never a science geek and I certainly have no PhD, but I like to think I am reasonably intelligent. I am your average woman-on-the-street (ok wait.. that sounds street walkerish, hhaah) your Jane American- who doesn't buy religion.
This probably didn't come out the way I'd like, but this is long enough already. I'm hoping and looking forward to making friends and learning.
"Sophia"
"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground." from Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

joeactor

Hi Sophia!

Pleased to meet you.
Sounds like you're a very interesting person.
I hope you'll be joining in on many and varied discussions here.

Welcome!,
JoeActor
(one of the few Agnostic Theists here, if that means anything ;-))

Squid

Welcome new person and fellow Texan.

McQ

Glad to have you here, Sophia. Welcome! A college education does not make one any more "intelligent" than the instruction manual for Elmer's Glue.

So pull up a bean bag chair and relax.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Sophia

"So pull up a bean bag chair and relax. "

Can't I have a chaise lounge instead?
"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground." from Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

SteveS

Hi Sophia!  I don't buy religion either.  Even when it's on sale  :wink:  .

Whitney

Hey, welcome to the forum.  College simply doesn't appeal to everyone, that doesn't mean you aren't intelligent.  I've known some very smart people who simply decided not to go to college for various reasons...one of them is in MENSA.  I also know a lot of stupid people who have degrees.

Squid

Quote from: "Sophia""So pull up a bean bag chair and relax. "

Can't I have a chaise lounge instead?

Sure, just don't sit in this chair - I have it reserved:

Sophia

Uhm.....wow, no, no I don't think I want much of anything to do with THAT chair.. certainly couldn't wear white pants to sit on that one- don't you ever clean it? *grin*

Squid

I dig the rustic look, it adds personality.

donkeyhoty

That chair must be a pain in the ass.....
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Squid

I hear it does wonders for carpal tunnel.