News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

specific atheist t-shirt wanted

Started by electronmuontau, June 09, 2010, 08:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electronmuontau

I saw somebody wearing an atheist t-shirt and I haven't been able to find where to buy it. Basically, at first glance it looks like one of those college t-shirts with the script writing but instead of the name of a university, it just says "atheist". It's really subtle and great. Anyone know where I can find this?
thanks!
Julie

Tank

Quote from: "electronmuontau"I saw somebody wearing an atheist t-shirt and I haven't been able to find where to buy it. Basically, at first glance it looks like one of those college t-shirts with the script writing but instead of the name of a university, it just says "atheist". It's really subtle and great. Anyone know where I can find this?
thanks!
Julie
Hi

Where are you?

Here is a place in the UK http://www.atheisttshirts.co.uk/
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pinkocommie

I could teach you how to make one for yourself if you can't find one.  It's actually pretty simple as long as you have an exacto knife and a little sponge roller (you can find them at the craft store - I'll post an image if you're interested)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Whitney

Quote from: "pinkocommie"I could teach you how to make one for yourself if you can't find one.  It's actually pretty simple as long as you have an exacto knife and a little sponge roller (you can find them at the craft store - I'll post an image if you're interested)

You can also just buy iron on letters in the "college" style from the craft store :)

JillSwift

There's also Zazzle. [strike:j2d7htyh]They have exactly the typeset used for those collegiate Ts.[/strike:j2d7htyh] oops, no they don't.
[size=50]Teleology]

electronmuontau

Oh thanks for all the good ideas! I can't believe I didn't think of just doing it myself, I'm crafty and a designer, so I think I will maybe do it with the t-shirt iron-on transfers but the stick-on letters would be fun, too! (I saw someone wearing that atheist shirt at the Maker Faire in San Mateo, CA).

Icarus

Electron: if you wear such a shirt, will you be putting your life at risk?  That would be a distinct possibility here in the bible belt.

electronmuontau

Ah, I live in a liberal enclave of Los Angeles luckily and no plans to visit the bible belt but would proudly wear my shirt anyway!

Tank

Quote from: "electronmuontau"Ah, I live in a liberal enclave of Los Angeles luckily and no plans to visit the bible belt but would proudly wear my shirt anyway!
If you were shot while wearing this T Shirt would you be an atheist martyr? I which case assuming you have lived a good life you could be a atheist saint  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Beast

The site I most like is arrogantatheist.com. Nothing like what the OP is describing but good stuff none the less.
-Kevin
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."