News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Magic/k, what it means to you.

Started by Byronazriel, September 03, 2010, 06:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Quote from: "Tank"Now that is very true. And goes with the 1st of the 4 stages of learning.
1) Unconsciously competent, you think can, but you can't. It's a bike how difficult can it be to ride anybody can do it!
2) Consciously incompetent,  you know you can't. Ouch that bloody hurt!
3) Consciously competent, you can do it and are thinking about it and thus improving. Okay now lets get the gears working.
4) Unconsciously competent. See I knew it was easy.
Not to be presumptuous, but shouldn't 1) be: Unconsciously incompetent?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: "Davin"
Quote from: "Tank"Now that is very true. And goes with the 1st of the 4 stages of learning.
1) Unconsciously incompetent, you think can, but you can't. It's a bike how difficult can it be to ride anybody can do it!
2) Consciously incompetent,  you know you can't. Ouch that bloody hurt!
3) Consciously competent, you can do it and are thinking about it and thus improving. Okay now lets get the gears working.
4) Unconsciously competent. See I knew it was easy.
Not to be presumptuous, but shouldn't 1) be: Unconsciously incompetent?
You may be right it's only 8am on Sunday morning and no coffee in the system yet  lol

I have corrected my thoughts!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

epepke

Quote from: "omfgzmariah"Confidence that is not based on reality can be dangerous.

So can too much water, but that isn't of much use to someone dehydrating in a desert.