News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hi :)

Started by Zepto, June 03, 2010, 11:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zepto

Hello. I guess I should post here before anywhere else. I'm a 20 year old female. I was never raised religiously or anything.  I stopped believing in god when I stopped believing in santa. My mom told me that santa didn't exist, and then I started going through in my mind all the other things that must not exist. So you mean the easter bunny? The tooth fairy? Yeah, then the huge guy in the sky that makes thunder and watches us in our sleep is definitely out...

I joined because I feel like I'm going crazy not actually "coming out of the closet" for 10 years. I have never admitted it in real life, so I thought here was a good place to start. I am an atheist.  :D

Davin

Quote from: "Zepto"Hello. I guess I should post here before anywhere else. I'm a 20 year old female. I was never raised religiously or anything.  I stopped believing in god when I stopped believing in santa. My mom told me that santa didn't exist, and then I started going through in my mind all the other things that must not exist. So you mean the easter bunny? The tooth fairy? Yeah, then the huge guy in the sky that makes thunder and watches us in our sleep is definitely out...

I joined because I feel like I'm going crazy not actually "coming out of the closet" for 10 years. I have never admitted it in real life, so I thought here was a good place to start. I am an atheist.  :D
Welcome to the forums. I hope you can stretch out your mind and relax here.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

Hi, Zepto!

Congratulations onfinding a safe place to let that out.  :D

Welcome to the Forum.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum, I love your name!   :bananacolor:  :bananacolor:
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

Welcome Zepto

Glad you found us and joined in, hope it is everything you want it to be.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: "Zepto"I stopped believing in god when I stopped believing in santa. My mom told me that santa didn't exist,...
What??!! NOOooooooooooooo......Santa?

How is baby Jesus gonna get his Xmas presents???

Seriously...welcome to the fold.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor