News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hello, Myoslnev here.

Started by Myoslnev, June 02, 2010, 08:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myoslnev

Hi. I thought I might try out this forum for a while. I will see if I would like to stay. In my life, I often don't realize how I come across to people. When I get excited, I tend to take over the conversation. I don't have this problem online, and I can practice my honesty online.

It is easier to be honest when you are not facing the person you are speaking with. If you look at my religion title, you will see that it says "Soto Zen". Please, do not take that to mean all sorts of things. It is easy to take a label and run with it, but I trust you people. When I say "Soto Zen" I mean that I simply sit, that I practice kindness towards everything.

Sitting and practicing kindness. This is my honest way.  :whale:
Just plodding along.

Asmodean

Welcome..!

Are we to understand that you find practicing honesty in real life hard? Lying can be easy, but it can also become a habit in no time at all, so think before you lie is my motto.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Myoslnev

No, not at all. Sorry, I should have been clearer. I mean, being true to myself. Not putting up a front. The persona.  :D
Just plodding along.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  I hope you enjoy it here.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Welcome to the forums, Myoslnev, I hope you like it here.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Myoslnev!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Gawen

Quote from: "Myoslnev"Hi.
Hiya

QuoteI thought I might try out this forum for a while. I will see if I would like to stay.
This forum is smaller than I'm used to. It's why I like it a lot. However, I can't see a reason why you wouldn't want to stay.

QuoteIn my life, I often don't realize how I come across to people. When I get excited, I tend to take over the conversation. I don't have this problem online, and I can practice my honesty online.
I can get that way too, but only over certain things. Religion being one of them.

QuoteIt is easier to be honest when you are not facing the person you are speaking with. If you look at my religion title, you will see that it says "Soto Zen". Please, do not take that to mean all sorts of things. It is easy to take a label and run with it, but I trust you people. When I say "Soto Zen" I mean that I simply sit, that I practice kindness towards everything.

Sitting and practicing kindness. This is my honest way.  :whale:
Honesty. Hmmm. Honour. Integrity. Mighty powerful words. Words that I try to live by...but have learnt that to get anywhere in my job (working for a city) they mean nothing. So, I'm true to myself and coworkers and others outside of work. Management however, can kiss my rosy red butt cheeks...*laffin*

You'll like it here.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor