News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Funny and Ironic anti-evolution pamphlet

Started by LoneMateria, October 10, 2009, 05:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikkmichalski

Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

Renegnicat

You'd be surprised at the kids who would buy into that pamphlet.

"look! Something shiny!"
"ooh! Shiny!  :yay: "
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

fellstar

This pamphlet makes ME want to commit suicide.  It's this kind of drivel that makes me want to scream when I read it.

He's right though, our education systems are failing the youth of America.  We're creating children that are gullible enough and/or don't have the tools to see this crap for what it is.

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "Herb Grossman"Evolutionists do not care about reality.  They simply stomp their feet, pound their fists, and howl, scowl, and growl till they get their way.

Why did I get the feeling I was reading one of SSY's signature quotes when I read this paragraph?
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

John_Silver

If I may say, as a Believer, this stuff embarrasses me. Particular the bit about cartoon characters. You must understand that Christians have been waging this war ad nauseum for quite sometime. In part, we (Christians) can thank Constantine for much of this. The First Century Christians took up no weapons against a particular portion of society based upon their beliefs. They preached only Yeshua (as strange as that may sound to you on its own). These pamphlets disturb me. I think the problem of suicide is heart-breaking enough and requires more than a trite paragraph about evolution and its effect on such a human tragedy. My stance on evolution is still under development (thanks to Francis Collins and those like him). See this from wikipedia about him:

Collins remains firm in his rejection of intelligent design, and for this reason was not asked to participate in the 2008 documentary Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed, which tries, among other things, to draw a direct link between evolution and atheism. Walt Ruloff, a producer for the film, claimed that Collins was "toeing the party line" by rejecting intelligent design, which Collins called "just ludicrous."

But all that to say, I believe in Jehovah and Yeshua. His method of creation remains a mystery to me and most likely will for the remainder of years. But pamphlets like these, in my experience, don't change a person's heart in one direction or the other. They are, in short, divisive and ignorant.

/end rant.

John
[size=100] - John[/size]
http://www.30shekels.com

SSY

Quote from: "Ihateyoumike"
Quote from: "Herb Grossman"Evolutionists do not care about reality.  They simply stomp their feet, pound their fists, and howl, scowl, and growl till they get their way.

Why did I get the feeling I was reading one of SSY's signature quotes when I read this paragraph?

I would love to collect that, but I restrict my menagerie to the turds I find buried among the many gems of this forum. I think it is most instructive to show what a fine selection of comedy I can dredge from such a small corner of the internet.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

xSilverPhinx

Just when I think I've seen the stupidest thing a creationist can come up with, there's always something even more stupid.  :brick:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Raithie

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

It hurts my eyes :(

Killa_Kron

This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to cry :crazy: ...and that WE  are superstitious... roflol
"WOOOO! FREEBIRD!" -Millions of Metalheads