News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Desert Island (Atheist Edition)

Started by curiosityandthecat, May 26, 2010, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

There is a show on radio 4 about what books you would take on a dessert island, you are allowed the bible, and the complete works of shakespeare for free, you get to choose two more. One guest, who's name I now forget chose

QuoteA large inflatible book, and "How to make oars out of sand"

Sounds practical to me.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

curiosityandthecat

What I find most interesting is that most people assume you're stranded on the island involuntarily, so many people choose items that would aid in escape. What if you're just vacationing there because you like the solitude? You can swim out to it because it's only a mile off shore or so, but you only want to take three things due to the weight. Interesting.  :D
-Curio

Tanker

"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

JillSwift

Why do we never get marooned on a dessert island? Really, then we'd only need a spoon, and somewhere to hide if rescue comes along.
[size=50]Teleology]

Newtonyd

1. Infinite power source.
2. Everburning bonfire
3. Cryogenic freezer

Freeze myself until help comes. This is, of course, assuming I can't just take the Holy Trinity and hang out with Jesus before the Big Man magics me off the island.