News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

For You The Newcomer A Simple and Ordinary Essay on Dhamma

Started by wincha, May 25, 2010, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wincha

Moderator: Links deactivated and blasted to smithereens.

philosoraptor

It's bad form to make your first post on a forum a bunch of links with no explanation.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Tanker

Noooo for you the newcomer *ahem*...... DON'T SPAM!
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

JillSwift

I'll bet that this isn't just the first post, but the last. Drive-by Buddhist proselytizing.

There really is everything on the Internet tubes!
[size=50]Teleology]

McQ

Do I even need to click on the links or just ban this person as a spammer without looking?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

JillSwift

Quote from: "McQ"Do I even need to click on the links or just ban this person as a spammer without looking?
Well, the third link is to copyrighted material.  :catjuggle:
[size=50]Teleology]

pinkocommie

Isn't standard practice to make the links inactive and explain to the poster (who will most likely never come back) that there is a rule against posting links as a first post?  Yeah, it seems obvious that this person was a drive by who just wanted to promote something, but isn't it better to err on the side of caution just in case they want to participate?
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

elliebean

Quote from: "McQ"Do I even need to click on the links or just ban this person as a spammer without looking?
You mean nip it in the Buddha?  :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

JillSwift

Quote from: "elliebean"You mean nip it in the Buddha?  lol
[size=50]Teleology]

McQ

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Isn't standard practice to make the links inactive and explain to the poster (who will most likely never come back) that there is a rule against posting links as a first post?  Yeah, it seems obvious that this person was a drive by who just wanted to promote something, but isn't it better to err on the side of caution just in case they want to participate?

I know, you're right. Gotta err on the side of caution. Dagnabit!  :)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette