News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Skeptics in the Pub

Started by Tank, May 07, 2010, 07:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

George

Excellent, I've heard Rebecca Watson mention this on the Skeptics guide podcast but she was talking about a Galsgow pub. I thought at the time I'd like to go but Glasgow's a bit far for me and I didn't realize they happened anywhere else. I play in a band over Leeds way so I'm there quite a lot. I'll definitely get myself along to one sometime. September's one entitled 'How to be a Psychic Con-man' particularly appealled to me as I thought it'd be a good one to bring my psychic-curious girlfriend along to! Then I realized I'm protesting the sodding pope on the 18th!  roflol
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Tank

Excellent! BTW my real name is Chris  :D  Tank is a school nick name, I also like Tanks and I live near the Vickers Tank factory in Leeds.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

karadan

Hey wow! They do an event in Cambridge.  :D  It is in one of my favourite pubs as well.

Thanks for the heads-up on this Tank. I'll certainly be attending.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

George

Quote from: "Tank"Excellent! BTW my real name is Chris :D Tank is a school nick name, I also like Tanks and I live near the Vickers Tank factory in Leeds.

Ok, cheers Chris! I'll give you a shout on here when I can make it along to one.

George.
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Tank

Bump for n00bs. The next leeds meeting is the 18th Sept.