News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What up?

Started by Killa_Kron, April 30, 2010, 04:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killa_Kron

Hey, I'm a 14 year old male looking for a 14-16 year old female...ha ha just kidding. I am a freshman in high school who has been an atheist for about...7 months. I used to be devoutly Methodist (snore) and would always cringe at non-christian ideas and beliefs. But then one of my friends totally challenged my beliefs, and i became an atheist. I have found this to be invigorating and gave me a lot of self confidence. Now that i look back at some of my past behavior, i notice that i was insanely foolish. I was almost the epitome of the stereotypical christian. I wasn't so bad as the earth being 6,000 years old, but i believed in a lot of the rest of the crap they call "fact". I also have found to be more accepted (oddly enough) in my school in spite of my heathen-ness. I always was drifting away from my religion, but i did not notice it until my friend truly asked me, "Why do you believe there is a god?" That is the turning point in my life, and he will always have my thanks for opening up my mind to the world.
"WOOOO! FREEBIRD!" -Millions of Metalheads

Davin

Welcome to the forums, have an awesome time.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Killa!
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Cecilie

Welcome fellow teenage atheist!  :)
The world's what you create.

Killa_Kron

Quote from: "Cecilie"Welcome fellow teenage atheist!  :headbang:

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  Fresh perspectives are always appreciated and valuable.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Killa_Kron

The biggest thing that irks me, and theists and atheists do this, is say that they are not catholic but are christian, or say "are you christian or catholic?" THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! Christianity is the religion, Catholicism is the practice. Am i right?  :rant:

Killa_Kron

Quote from: "Ellainix"I'm 20 :P

elliebean

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"The biggest thing that irks me, and theists and atheists do this, is say that they are not catholic but are christian, or say "are you christian or catholic?" THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! Christianity is the religion, Catholicism is the practice. Am i right?  :rant:

Christianity is a diverse religion; Catholicism is one of its larger sects.
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Ellainix

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! Christianity is the religion, Catholicism is the practice. Am i right?  lol!
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Killa_Kron

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "Killa_Kron"The biggest thing that irks me, and theists and atheists do this, is say that they are not catholic but are christian, or say "are you christian or catholic?" THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! Christianity is the religion, Catholicism is the practice. Am i right?  :rant:

Christianity is a diverse religion; Catholicism is one of its larger sects.
Finally...

Killa_Kron

Quote from: "Ellainix"
Quote from: "Killa_Kron"THEY ARE THE SAME THING!!! Christianity is the religion, Catholicism is the practice. Am i right?  lol!
You're mean.... :(

philosoraptor

Quote from: "Killa_Kron"
Quote from: "Ellainix"
You're mean.... :(

But she's right.  The two terms aren't synonymous.  That's not mean, just correct.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse