News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

God's Test

Started by Artsu, April 26, 2010, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Logikos"
Quote from: "pinkocommie"The strawman is that anyone here is desperate for your straight answer.
I don't think I ever claimed anyone was?  :sigh:   Ok...

In response to my asking you for your straight answer after you claimed in your original response to have a straight answer, you said this:

Quote from: "Logikos"If anyone is ever in desperate need of a "straight answer" I am always happy to give it my best shot

Then later said this:

Quote from: "Logikos"I said if you are absolutely desperate for an immediate answer...

So either you set up a strawman, or you are somewhat correct when you say this:

Quote from: "Logikos"[I get the feeling from this thread that I have some kind of disease that prevents me from expressing what I mean properly!! :crazy: ]
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Quote from: "Logikos"Davin, it's pretty clear that we're not going to be able to have a rational discussion with each other.
I noticed that when I answered your questions and you didn't answer mine.

Quote from: "Logikos"If you decide that you'd like to start treating me like a human being and stop stereotyping me as a "theist" (an apparently derogatory word meaning "someone who spews out the same old shit") then maybe we can get along.
If you did something other than every other theist, then I would treat you differently. But because it's the same, I treat you the same. Well kind of, I never do anything exactly the same way every time, it's too boring. And I would love to see where you got the quote "someone who spews out the same old shit[.]"

Quote from: "Logikos"But, to be honest, I would rather spend my time discussing the questions with Artsu, elliebean and others who are actually interested in showing mutual respect and a desire to learn from eachother than waste my time going back and forth with you.
Mutual respect is earned not deserved or given. Plus, I don't care about your respect. What should be respected is what is said, not who it comes from and like almost every other theist, you can't give one straight answer, so I will mock that you won't, make fun of it and point at it until you do something different and give straight answers that you declared you had. Then we can discuss your straight answers like rational adults. Instead of you acting like you have some knowledge that the rest of us don't have, but are refusing to tell us for our own benefit. That is arrogant, condescending bullshit and I have no problem calling it out.

Quote from: "Logikos"I'm sure there are plenty of other shit-spewing theists around the place to give you "the answer".
You own words, not mine.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Logikos

Quote from: "pinkocommie"...
:hmm: x3...

pinkocommie, you're really gonna have to spell this out, because I honestly haven't got a clue what this strawman issue is.

I haven't said anyone is desperate for an answer: you, Davin, or anyone else.  I have said that if anyone is, they should PM/e-mail me.  Why?  Because then we can continue the discussion here without "giving the game away", and everyone can be happy as Larry.

Also, why are you bothering with this line of pretty obviously pointless argument?  Is it just for the sake of argument?

Anyway, I'm off to have a quick drink and then hit the sack.  Night all.

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Logikos"
Quote from: "pinkocommie"...
:)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

McQ

Ok, stepping in here, because this is getting out of hand. Please stop attacking Logikos and try to understand what he is saying. Don't jump on him for trying to explain that certain books of the bible like Job need some background before going into the straight answers.

This would be true of anything that is detailed, like Evolutionary Theory, or Shakespeare, or Genetics. There was nothing disingenuous about his posts, and some people have jumped to conclusions without giving the benefit of the doubt. Nothing in Logikos' posts suggest anything other than genuine interest in discussion.

Let's get back to the subject and off of these suppositions please.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Sophus

I haven't been apart of this conversation thus far but I think I must disagree McQ. :secret:  Logikos hasn't been able to answer very straightforward questions with straightforward answers. Just beating around the bush.... :verysad:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

McQ

Quote from: "Sophus"I haven't been apart of this conversation thus far but I think I must disagree McQ. :secret:  Logikos hasn't been able to answer very straightforward questions with straightforward answers. Just beating around the bush.... :verysad:

I've reread this entire thread over and over and stand by my assessment. There's nothing wrong with trying to encourage some background before launching into a detailed subject. It's totally fine if you disagree and I appreciate your take on it.   To get things back on track and to prevent any further derailment, feel free to send me messages via PM.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SSY

Quote from: "Logikos"Logikos

That was awesome, you said there was an answer, but first these points had to be considered, questions answered and so on to inform the discussion, only to dismiss the answers as they were given to you! Why didn't you just write down the responses you wanted to start with? Why have we still not received the straightforward answer? Now that you have told us the correct interpretation of Job can we have it? Can we have the answer now? Please?

While I think you might not have received the politest reception, initially, all the responses were measured and civil I thought. As the thread continues and you still refuse to divulge an answer, people inevitably feel antagonised by your reticence in the arena of answering questions parsimoniously.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Artsu

Well... it took me 10 minutes to read all the posts, another 10 minutes to consult the dictionary.  :D :verysad: [/quote] Eh, well Logikos tried to share his thoughts about this subject and I thank him for that.I understood that comprehending this required more patience, thus being unable to be given a straight answer. I am afraid the time I currently have will unable me to study this piece of biblical-literature in the near future; important exams are coming, but as soon as I will have time I will analyze this more carefully. The thing I don't want to happen to this thread, is to be transformed into a war territory  :) . Thank you all for posting your thoughts about this subject; also excuse any mistakes, I written this very hasty.