News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

God is love

Started by katiebam, March 11, 2010, 02:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noquarter

Quote from: "elliebean"Thus god is still redundant.

In your humble opinion, yes, but to the vast majority God is a necessary truth and therefore cannot be disregarded.
Forgive them for they know not what they do

pinkocommie

Quote from: "noquarter"

In your humble opinion, yes, but to the vast majority God is a necessary truth and therefore cannot be disregarded.

Oh come on now, that is a silly thing to say.  The vast majority of people used to think that the Earth was the center of the universe.  There certainly are times where the opinion of the vast majority can 100% be disregarded.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Sophus

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is all. Consciousness is a part of all. Therefore your consciousness comes from the FSM, even though I've not proven his existence, merely defined him.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

i_am_i

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "noquarter"To get to the ultimate "Truth" every word, every concept, every idea, everything that can be clung onto, every security has to be dropped.
Even the concept of God.

How do you know that? Have you yourself dropped every word, every concept, every idea, everything that can be clung onto, every security, even the concept of God?

Are you going to answer this, noquarter? Or not?
Call me J

Sapere aude

noquarter

Quote from: "noquarter"To get to the ultimate "Truth" every word, every concept, every idea, everything that can be clung onto, every security has to be dropped.
Even the concept of God.

How do you know that? Have you yourself dropped every word, every concept, every idea, everything that can be clung onto, every security, even the concept of God?

Are you going to answer this, noquarter? Or not?

Sorry, I missed your post.

Yes

elliebean

Humble it may be, but an opinion it is not.

An opinion would have been stated more along the lines of something like: "IMO, god is a not a concept worth proving or disproving."
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

noquarter

Quote from: "Sophus"Which is percisely why one cannot love and worship something. It's one or the other. Love says through my love for you I love all. To "love" one thing more than any other is not really love. It's a symbiotic attachment.
I don't agree with the first half of your interpretation. You'll have to argue it more to convince me of it because from here it seems like a massive stretch. It reads plain as day.

I do not recall mentioning worship or having to chose between love and worship, I could be wrong.
You don't have to agree with me and I am not here to argue with you or try to convince you but to clarify misunderstanding that have arisen.

noquarter

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "noquarter"God is All, consciousness is part of All.
Consciousness is consciousness.

I'm not convinced you know what the word consciousness is intended to describe.

But as they say...oh no!  Someone is wrong on the internet!

You are probably correct.

noquarter

Quote from: "pinkocommie"

Oh come on now, that is a silly thing to say.  The vast majority of people used to think that the Earth was the center of the universe.  There certainly are times where the opinion of the vast majority can 100% be disregarded.

What would you expect from an ass?
Some people think it still is.