News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

A morman+christian=Athiest. Me!

Started by Spatiality, March 29, 2010, 09:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spatiality

Recently I have been wanting to find a forum for different parts of myself. After a few atheism forums and blogs I ran into, I found that many want to push their agenda. I am understanding and tolerant of the world, I don't care what people do to make them happy. The happy atheist forum seemed just the place for me. I am a 19 year old girl. I was raised christian in my grandmothers home. Woopee, I had to have the grandma with the degree in Theology. My father is of course christian, but the kind where we only had to go to church on Christmas, Easter, and when ever my grandmother plays her clarinet for the audience. That church was also my school until 5th grade. I learned more about sex, masturbation, and cussing in that lovely christian school than academics. My mother on the other hand was a lost woman. She had 3 boys before me and every one of them were taken away from her. Then there was me, which she hid from everyone. But by law when she filed for welfare her name, my name, and my dad's name were published in the local new paper. My grandmother came and made my dad quit his job in New York to come fight for me down here in the bible belt. My mother lost me and 3 marriages later she found the Mormon church. Even though she smokes and drinks and basically going to hell according to the Mormon faith, she calls them "her people". I don't have anyone to talk about my choice of no religion. Maybe we can be friends.

i_am_i

Lots of friendly folks here, Spatiality. Yours is an interesting story. Welcome!
Call me J

Sapere aude

Spatiality

Quote from: "i_am_i"Lots of friendly folks here, Spatiality. Yours is an interesting story. Welcome!
Thanks. I wonder where to begin!

Whitney

i_am_i

Quote from: "Spatiality"
Quote from: "i_am_i"Lots of friendly folks here, Spatiality. Yours is an interesting story. Welcome!
Thanks. I wonder where to begin!

Heck, just jump on in, the water's fine!
Call me J

Sapere aude

elliebean

Hi Spatiality! Welcome to the forum.  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

skwurll

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll love it here.

jworl

Welcome to the forums. I've been lurking around, and there's some decent reads. I take it you still live in the bible belt, and I feel your pain since I grew up in this region myself. :brick:
[size=85]"Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion, several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn’t straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother’s path to hap

Godterminator

Welcome to the forum. I 'm sure you will find what you are looking for here.
Ignorance is the source of all gods; Knowledge and Reasoning are godterminators.
Believers "feel" god exists but that does not prove his existence. Hypochondriacs feel they are sick,and they are not.  

To debate christians in their own turf. . . http://www.godmakers.info

Spatiality

Quote from: "jworl"Welcome to the forums. I've been lurking around, and there's some decent reads. I take it you still live in the bible belt, and I feel your pain since I grew up in this region myself. :brick:
yup I'm still here. But in college, it isn't so bad. Sure there are lots of church groups here. But it equals out by the annual gay pride day. They got a pretty famous drag queen to host their show out in the court yard. There was a group of haters trying to heckle her, but she had way more support than they thought. It makes me happy that the transsexual student had a day to come out and join in the party.

dogsmycopilot