News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Salutations from theblasphemousbear

Started by theblasphemousbear, April 08, 2010, 03:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theblasphemousbear

Hello, HAF.
I'm theblasphemousbear. I like to read, debate, play video games, and think. (You'd think that should go without saying, but...)
That's all I'll talk about here. I feel like you'll get to know me well enough when I start posting around.
If you have any questions about me (I don't see why you would right off the bat, but I like to cover my bases), feel free to contact me. I really don't mind getting the occasional E-Mail or PM.
Oh, and I've read the rules. Don't worry.
Thanks for reading, and please excuse my straight-forward and small introduction.
"Close to 2,000 years ago, a guy called Jesus claimed to be the son of God and preformed 'miracles.' We worshiped him. Close to twenty years ago, a guy named David did the same thing in Waco, Texas. We killed him. Now, I understand that our standards had changed by the second guy; what I don't understand is why we still worship the first guy."[/

elliebean

Helloe and welcome, theblasphemousbear!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

dogsmycopilot

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "elliebean"Helloe and welcome, theblasphemousbear!  :)
Thanks, glad to be here!

Quote from: "dogsmycopilot"Hi! Love the handle!
Thanks! I like yours, too.
"Close to 2,000 years ago, a guy called Jesus claimed to be the son of God and preformed 'miracles.' We worshiped him. Close to twenty years ago, a guy named David did the same thing in Waco, Texas. We killed him. Now, I understand that our standards had changed by the second guy; what I don't understand is why we still worship the first guy."[/

kelltrill

"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "kelltrill"Welcome, Bear ^_^
Thanks, kell!

pinkocommie

Happy to have you here, hope you like it.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Happy to have you here, hope you like it.  :D
Thank ya!

happynewyear

:bananacolor:
What game are you on at the minute?

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "happynewyear":bananacolor: Welcome to HAF :bananacolor:
Thanks!

Quote from: "happynewyear"What game are you on at the minute?
...What do you mean?

happynewyear

Quote from: "theblasphemousbear"
Quote from: "happynewyear"What game are you on at the minute?
...What do you mean?

You said you like playing video games, which video game/s are you playing and on which console?

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "happynewyear"You said you like playing video games, which video game/s are you playing and on which console?

Oh! Sorry.
Well, right now I'm sort of addicted to Garry's Mod (for the PC, of course) and Portal (also PC.)
There's also this PS2 game called Okage: Shadow King that I'm working on. It's very long, but it's fun.
(My favorite of all time is DooM, though.)

Kylyssa

Welcome to Happy Atheist from a fellow Michigander!

theblasphemousbear

Quote from: "Kylyssa"Welcome to Happy Atheist from a fellow Michigander!
Oh, hey, thanks!
Unfortunately, I don't live too close to you...