News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Prop 62

Started by Sophus, September 29, 2010, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Now you can vote to make a zygote a human!

Proposition 62, in Colorado, if it gets enough votes in November, will give human rights to a fetus.

QuoteSection 32. Person defined. As used in sections 3*, 6**, and 25*** of Article II of the state constitution, the term "person" shall apply to every human being from the beginning of the biological development of that human being.

Does that make a miscarriage manslaughter? If this is really murder, shouldn't we throw all women who have abortions into the locker for life? Or, in states where permitted, give them the death penalty?

Its website says it's a false "scare tactic" that it will ban certain forms of birth control yet one of the authors of the amendment, Leslie Hanks, says it could:

Quote from: "Hanks""True contraception prevents fertilization and personhood for pre-born babies will legally protect every baby from the beginning of his or her biological development. Only those forms of "birth control" that extinguish a life that has already begun will be impacted. Many of the oral "contraceptives" have an action that makes the womb inhospitable to a developing embryo and hence, the new living, growing baby is prevented from residing where his or her Creator intended until birth."

The remarkable thing is, even though they oppose abortion even in cases such as rape and incest, there are a  number of women that seem to be in support of this. Women are campaigning for this. Huh?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Cite134

Wait....so they will consider a zygote a person?  :eek:
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

Sophus

Quote from: "Cite134"Wait....so they will consider a zygote a person?  :eek:
If it passes, yes. They will have all the same rights as you and me.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Cite134

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "Cite134"Wait....so they will consider a zygote a person?  :|

Will

Why stop there? Sperm and ovum should be people! ...no, wait, that's not far enough. We should give voting rights to undigested protein! No, still not far enough. We need to give hamburgers the right to free speech!!!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Cite134

Quote from: "Will"Why stop there? Sperm and ovum should be people! ...no, wait, that's not far enough. We should give voting rights to undigested protein! No, still not far enough. We need to give hamburgers the right to free speech!!!

lmao! Such a shame.

SSY

So what happens if the pregnancy endangers the life of the mother? Since the foetus is as much a person as she is, does saving the mothers life count as murder?
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

karadan

Quote from: "SSY"So what happens if the pregnancy endangers the life of the mother? Since the foetus is as much a person as she is, does saving the mothers life count as murder?

Fuck the mother, she's already had a life. A bundle of sixteen cells is far more important than a fully formed adult.  :|
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Davin

Quote from: "SSY"So what happens if the pregnancy endangers the life of the mother? Since the foetus is as much a person as she is, does saving the mothers life count as murder?
I guess they charge the fetus with murdering the mother and it gets to spend the rest of it's life in prison.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sophus

If a case like that were to come up I am assuming it would be taken to court, and hopefully the woman would win.
Love Davin's response.

Ultima22689

Ugh, people are so stupid man.  I don't know if it's been suggested before, the country should be split in two, one part for the rational, sane people and the other half will be called Jesusland.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Sophus"Does that make a miscarriage manslaughter? If this is really murder, shouldn't we throw all women who have abortions into the locker for life? Or, in states where permitted, give them the death penalty?

This.  If this passes, I'm guessing that there will be a test-case along these lines arranged by opponents of the Stupid.
Illegitimi non carborundum.