News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Finally some Christians caught up

Started by LoneMateria, March 13, 2010, 05:41:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneMateria

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/12/beck.boycott/index.html?hpt=C1

It's about damn time that some Christians have caught up to us.  Christians are now pissed at Fox News!!!!!!  Let me give you all a moment for that to sink in. ............................................................................................................................................  Alright moment over.  Apparently Glenn Beck ran at the mouth and now evangelical preachers are pissed at him.  He compared Churches that taught social and economic justice to Communists and Nazis, and urged the churches members to leave the church.  Now the evangelicals are calling him out, challenging him to debates, trying to get air time, etc..  Anyway the debate is now over what jebus said.  

I don't even know if I can firmly stand on one side or the other of this article.  On the one hand I <3 that this will probably turn into a major embarrassment for fox news.  On the other hand I think people should leave their churches and look for reason and purpose and not be mind slaves.  The whole debate really doesn't mean much to me since people spin the bible and claim interpretation on one subject or another.  I'm just so happy I could cry that some Christians are finally coming to the realization that fox news is full of shit T~T
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

elliebean

Wow.

I'm all for people leaving churches to look for reason, etc. but if they're just going to follow Glenn Beck, I'd just as soon have them stay in church instead. Sooner, actually.

Maybe we can build Glenn a tin-foil cage and convince him to stay in it. :devil:
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

LoneMateria

Quote from: "elliebean"Wow.

I'm all for people leaving churches to look for reason, etc. but if they're just going to follow Glenn Beck, I'd just as soon have them stay in church instead. Sooner, actually.

Maybe we can build Glenn a tin-foil cage and convince him to stay in it. :P.  Padded walls are more appropriate then tinfoil I think.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

notself

I was just on a Christian/Catholic forum.  They are already saying that Glen Beck was taken out of context.  They say that social and economic justice are code words.  Here is a link.  It is really strange.  You may have to scroll down a bit to read it. http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=435847

elliebean

Code words?

This is just like Animal Farm, isn't it?

Four legs gooooood; Two legs baaaaaaaaad!
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

LoneMateria

Quote from: "notself"I was just on a Christian/Catholic forum.  They are already saying that Glen Beck was taken out of context.  They say that social and economic justice are code words.  Here is a link.  It is really strange.  You may have to scroll down a bit to read it. http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=435847

:raised:

So the debate is over a literal interpretation of that section of scripture?  Still uninteresting.  They ignore 99% of scripture anyway whats another 0.01%?  Surprisingly the notion of code words and hidden messages in the bible is somewhat common.  Still no one has been able to explain to me how these code words survived translation?

Also ... why am I not surprised Catholics are fighting on this subject ... it's like half of them are trying to drag the other half across the finish line but all the other half wants to do is play in the dirt.

Faradaympp

Ahh Fox News, where would we be without you... :raised:... While I'm dreaming I'd like a portable fully operational deuterium/helium-3 fusion reactor and my own utopian island over which I could rule as I see fit. Odds are that both parties will exchange verbal blows, and neither will concede so they will part ways feeling bitter and resentful until some other scandal will appear to allow Fox to sweep this one under the rug. :hide:
"It's ironic that a god who created intelligent beings would want their blind devotion."-Anonymous

CAUTION-Staring at burning bushes may cause blindness. ;)