News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Holocaust Denial

Started by brainshmain, March 28, 2007, 05:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Where is the little message icon for throwing up?  A co-worker tipped me off to this news story that some British schools are not covering the holocaust due to fears of how Muslim students would react.  They're also apparently worried that their "balanced" coverage of the crusades would be in direct conflict of what the Muslim students had been taught at local mosques.

It's times like these that I so strongly get where people like Richard Dawkins are coming from when they say that religion has been given a free pass for far too long.

The story seems solid.  I did a google search for the terms "British schools holocaust conflict" and got bunches of references to the same basic story.

brainshmain

I saw that story too.  It came out on April Fools Day, so I hoped it was fake, but it's not.  It's really sad how they can ignore such a significant part of the past century to avoid 'offending' people.  It HAPPENED, why ignore it?

Big Mac

Because the Muslims deserve special attention. I mean, after their prophet was mocked...the horror...the horror. Seeing as the cartoon bombed a church when that drawing was completed. After all, Jesus has never been ridiculed by muslims or westerners.

If you don't like history, then try to prevent it from repeating itself. Fucking moronic religious twats.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?