News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Twilight - Ugg

Started by Kidnapkid, March 13, 2010, 11:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Tank"I've watched this phenomena from a distance, is it worth dabbling?

No.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

I personally don't mind the Twilight series in the least. It's not spectacular, amazing, awesomeness of super mega ultra happy time, but I don't think it's bad. I have many friends that like Transformers 2 and Avatar but expressed some pretty intense hatred for Twilight and how awful the Twilight series is. Transformers 2 had a plot, acting talent and a script worse than the original cartoons and Avatar is the exact plot and story as Disney's Pocahontas. I can't really say that Twilight is any worse than either of those movies, but I can at least say that the plot, acting and story is much better than Transformers 2 and it's a hell of a lot more original than Avatar. So it doesn't make me feel bad if someone makes fun of me for watching and reading the Twilight series, but still it's not one of my favourites.

I do think however there is some undue bias due to the amount of teenage girls that like the series. I hated one of the last teenage girl carried movies; Titanic. It was as boring as watching toe nails grow. My point is here, don't let a bunch of screaming young girls get in the way of actually giving something a chance, because while I really thought that Titanic was a terrible waste of time, I'll never regret giving it an unbiased chance. Of course I haven't seen the latest Twilight movie, but I usually don't watch movies in the theater unless my significant other drags me or asks to go see something. But both she and I hate screaming little girls, so if we see it we'll probably wait a little while.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.