News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

UK atheist event June 19th 2010

Started by orandj, February 27, 2010, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orandj

UK atheists (and anyone further afield who wants to make the journey!) are invited to the following new event: WEBSITE: http://www.ancestorstrail.net/

Here are a few choice sentences to explain:

Inspired by Richard Dawkin’s book ‘The Ancestor’s tale’, subtitled ..a pilgrimage to the dawn of life.

Imagine the evolutionary tree of life,

..lie it flat along the spine of some beautiful rolling hills in Somerset

its branches approximately lining up with the hills' many footpaths.

Add ‘pilgrims’ to many disparate locations (each representing particular groups of living things)

..with a little pre-planned choreography, set everyone off on a symbolic journey to the ‘dawn of life’.

Where will our origin be? A beach called Kilve, liberally scattered with fossils.

This will be a completely secular pilgrimage.

Carefully designed to have scientific integrity.

Meet with many fellow non believers.

Celebrate at our biogenesis location.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

orandj

Err..Spam is bad yes? I assume this means I now have to convince you this is straight up?

Whitney

spam means you posted an advertisement without being an established member or asking permission...it's also in the wrong area of the forum (which I'm correcting now).  Since it looks like it is probably a legitimate project (is richard dawkins backing you? if so, ask him for web development funding.  If he isn't, you might want to make sure it is okay to use his book title etc.) and is freethought related I'll leave it up.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Whitney"spam means you posted an advertisement without being an established member or asking permission...it's also in the wrong area of the forum (which I'm correcting now).

Yeah I pretty much put the spam smilies since it was in the wrong section.  If it was posted originally in Meetups & Activism i'd have just ignored it.  Since no one did the spam I put it as a caution to the newer members.  No reason to indulge spammers.  Anyway good luck at your event in June.  Keep us updated on it and post around about other things.

Also Whitney though when I click on this thread it claims its in the meetups and activism section but its still is displayed in current events.  When I go to M&A it doesn't show it in there for some reason.  I think the thread glitched or something.  I know this part belongs in support but no reason to start a 2nd thread about this lol.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

orandj

Sorry I broke your protocol. Just wanted atheist folks to know about this. Thanks for re-directing to the right place. Re Richard Dawkins, yes he has endorsed the event...have a look at the website..it says all about it. I'm working with bob Churchill of the British Humanist Assocation.

Whitney

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Also Whitney though when I click on this thread it claims its in the meetups and activism section but its still is displayed in current events.  When I go to M&A it doesn't show it in there for some reason.  I think the thread glitched or something.  I know this part belongs in support but no reason to start a 2nd thread about this lol.

eh...I don't know how to fix it; no biggie unless it happens again.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"Also Whitney though when I click on this thread it claims its in the meetups and activism section but its still is displayed in current events.  When I go to M&A it doesn't show it in there for some reason.  I think the thread glitched or something.  I know this part belongs in support but no reason to start a 2nd thread about this lol.

eh...I don't know how to fix it; no biggie unless it happens again.

It's fine now.  Maybe it just took a bit for the forum to update or something.  It was the first time i've seen that happen.