News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

greetings fellow happy atheists

Started by ziffel, June 28, 2006, 01:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziffel

I'm ziffel, and I'm a happy atheist!

/echo  "Hi ziffel!"

Hi all, I'm another from WWGHA forum, and IIDB (ziffel everywhere). Glad to be here.

I'm somewhat chatty, fairly outspoken, but I *try* to be polite. I'm a former fundy from the southern baptist and later "non-denominational", which loosely translated means "holy roller". I spent 20+ years of my life in the Christian faith, and I was an apologist at one time.

About 11 years ago, I 'backslid' for the last time, and just became completely apathetic towards religion. Atheism didnt' really occur to me until last year. I started by watching lots of Science Channel stuff on the cosmos, and on evolution (the E-word was a big no-no in my past, so I had to learn everything afresh).

I've always been an avid reader, and love to learn, it's just that now I'm learning the truth! I have a lot of books on atheism, and the debunking of Christianity.

I now consider Christianity to be just another mythology, in a long line of human-created mythologies.

Here's hoping this forum takes off, and I'll try to do my part to help. I really enjoy the fellowship of like-minded folks.

Zif (my real name is Jeff, if anyone cares) :)

Jassman

Hi ziffel/Jeff. Welcome to the forum.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Whitney

Welcome, Ziffel :)