News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Ricky Gervais talks about his atheism.

Started by karadan, January 16, 2010, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

A clip i found of Ricky Gervais talking candidly about atheism. I think he is amazing.

[youtube:2xhdfkbl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dknumOcNVcU[/youtube:2xhdfkbl]
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Sophus

I don'y know... is saying we evolved by "accident" really all that accurate? Just because there's no goal or purpose doesn't make it an accident. Every effect still has its cause, so there's a certain connotation with "accident" I'm not thrilled about.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

SSY

I liked that, seemed very personal, a stark contrast to the highly formal and intellectual content posted a lot. His values seem to be dictated entirely out of kindness, which is lovely, he also does not appear to harbour a lot of ill will, all in all, a quite appealing personal philosophy.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick