News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

It's theTwiz

Started by theTwiz, January 09, 2010, 07:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theTwiz

Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.  Finally decided to register.  Also I live in DFW and saw I might have a few friends in the area :D

Disclaimer: I am incredibly sarcastic.

P.S. For my fellow super-nerds: I idle in the EFNet #atheism channel.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AlP

Hi theTwiz. There are atheist IRC channels? I'll have to check that out. Welcome.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

theTwiz

Quote from: "AlP"Hi theTwiz. There are atheist IRC channels? I'll have to check that out. Welcome.

Thanks AlP! I'm here: irc.efnet.org #atheism

There's a DalNet one, too, but I've never been there: irc.dal.net #atheism

The Boatman

Quote from: "theTwiz"Hey everyone, long time lurker first time poster.  Finally decided to register.  Also I live in DFW and saw I might have a few friends in the area :P

theTwiz

Quote from: "The Boatman"I cannot follow the conversations that take place in that chat. lol yeah irc can be a funny place.  just because the channel is called #atheism doesn't mean we talk about our world views all the time.  it's really more of a bunch of (extremely bored) internet nerds who share a common interest (but not necessarily world view) hanging out in a chat room.  it takes a while to get used to if you're new to irc, but to be honest it is quite an old platform for communication that i'm not sure will have new adopters like we used to.  nowadays you have forums built on software like phpBB (this one), and it makes it hard for people who never had to use IRC or the old BBS systems to make that transition. its kind of like learning how to drive an automatic then one day just jumping in a manual and trying to get somewhere in a hurry.