News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Mandela Effect

Started by Randy, June 10, 2020, 04:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

There is a movie called this but it is based on an actual effect. Many people remember Nelson Mandela being shot and killed in 1980 and his wife delivering the eulogy (or something to that effect) when in reality he died in 2013. Why do people misremember something on a massive scale?

Another example was New Zealand. Many people (including me) will swear it is northeast of Australia when in fact it is southeast. I had to look it up on a map just now. Why did I and many others think it was in the wrong place? What causes these sorts of phenomenon?

Here is a web page describing it to the average person: https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-mandela-effect-4589394.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 11, 2020, 03:59:50 AM
Oops! Never mind.  :redface:

It's not a problem! An interesting subject deserves to be brought up more than once. :grin:

No one

And so history repeats itself.

Randy

I found a movie of the same name and started doing some research. I just found it interesting and thought I'd share. Also, I didn't know where to put it but since it was related to research I put it here.

I want to read your post again and click the link. It's curiosity that drives me I suppose.

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 11, 2020, 02:11:34 PM
I found a movie of the same name and started doing some research. I just found it interesting and thought I'd share. Also, I didn't know where to put it but since it was related to research I put it here.

I want to read your post again and click the link. It's curiosity that drives me I suppose.

Cool. I didn't know there was a movie...I just might check it out.

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 11, 2020, 08:31:10 AM
Quote from: Randy on June 11, 2020, 03:59:50 AM
Oops! Never mind.  :redface:

It's not a problem! An interesting subject deserves to be brought up more than once. :grin:
I don't remember remember a discussion on the Mandela Effect on this forum before...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.