News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Atheist Republican

Started by rubberducky, May 19, 2009, 08:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionisRight

The war on teror is against the islamic jihadists that don't just kill Americans but anyone else that do not bow to their screwed up version of Islam. Liberals aren't much better, they tend to always blame everything on the republican party when in reality both sides are just as equally at fault. Niether side wants to take any responsibility for what they say and do. Instead of bickering and fighting over who's right or wrong, we need to come together and find a solution in which both sides can agree upon.

Ultima22689

Quote from: "EvolutionisRight"The war on teror is against the islamic jihadists that don't just kill Americans but anyone else that do not bow to their screwed up version of Islam. Liberals aren't much better, they tend to always blame everything on the republican party when in reality both sides are just as equally at fault. Niether side wants to take any responsibility for what they say and do. Instead of bickering and fighting over who's right or wrong, we need to come together and find a solution in which both sides can agree upon.

Then don't say liberals because liberals don't mean the same thing as Democrat which is what you meant to say i'im sure. So is the war on terror a war on Islam extremism?  The war on terror isn't the same thing as the war in the middle east and quite frankly sounds like some sort of crusade.

Tom62

Quote from: "Ultima22689"
Quote from: "EvolutionisRight"The war on teror is against the islamic jihadists that don't just kill Americans but anyone else that do not bow to their screwed up version of Islam. Liberals aren't much better, they tend to always blame everything on the republican party when in reality both sides are just as equally at fault. Niether side wants to take any responsibility for what they say and do. Instead of bickering and fighting over who's right or wrong, we need to come together and find a solution in which both sides can agree upon.

Then don't say liberals because liberals don't mean the same thing as Democrat which is what you meant to say i'im sure. So is the war on terror a war on Islam extremism?  The war on terror isn't the same thing as the war in the middle east and quite frankly sounds like some sort of crusade.
My 2cts. In the past I've always been very positive about the Republican Party. Their idea's about smaller governments, less taxes, supporting the economy, foreign politics, etc. appealed to me. Since the 1980's however, the party started to shift to the ultra conservative religious right. Somehow they managed to dumb-down politics to a level that even evangelical Christians could understand it  ;) .

Worse thing is, that this war on terror "thing" was sold by the RP to the US citizens as an act of patriotism, even though most "facts" presented to us to support the war on terror, were based on lies. And the Christians in that party have always seen this war as a crusade against the Muslim world. I find that extremely irresponsible and scary. So, what did the war on terror accomplish? 1. an illegal invasion of a neutral country (Iraq), 2. thousands of people killed (242,218 according to Wikipedia), 3. civil rights restricted by the governments, 4. huge financial debts to support the war machine, 5. ordinary Muslims becoming more radical, 6. alienation of western partners, etc. etc. Not really something to feel very proud or patriotic about, isn't it?

I do have some ideas of how we can solve the problems in the Middle East, but some of these ideas might be too radical to post on this forum. Basically, I believe that no-one in the Middle East is happy about our presence there, so I think it is a good idea to leave these countries alone and let them fix their own problems. However, we should then officially apologize for the mess that we've created and offer the people (not their corrupt governments) of these countries financial support (for building up schools, houses, hospitals and everything else that was destroyed during the war on terror).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Tom62"
Quote from: "Ultima22689"

My 2cts. In the past I've always been very positive about the Republican Party. Their idea's about smaller governments, less taxes, supporting the economy, foreign politics, etc. appealed to me. Since the 1980's however, the party started to shift to the ultra conservative religious right. Somehow they managed to dumb-down politics to a level that even evangelical Christians could understand it  ;) .

Worse thing is, that this war on terror "thing" was sold by the RP to the US citizens as an act of patriotism, even though most "facts" presented to us to support the war on terror, were based on lies. And the Christians in that party have always seen this war as a crusade against the Muslim world. I find that extremely irresponsible and scary. So, what did the war on terror accomplish? 1. an illegal invasion of a neutral country (Iraq), 2. thousands of people killed (242,218 according to Wikipedia), 3. civil rights restricted by the governments, 4. huge financial debts to support the war machine, 5. ordinary Muslims becoming more radical, 6. alienation of western partners, etc. etc. Not really something to feel very proud or patriotic about, isn't it?

I do have some ideas of how we can solve the problems in the Middle East, but some of these ideas might be too radical to post on this forum. Basically, I believe that no-one in the Middle East is happy about our presence there, so I think it is a good idea to leave these countries alone and let them fix their own problems. However, we should then officially apologize for the mess that we've created and offer the people (not their corrupt governments) of these countries financial support (for building up schools, houses, hospitals and everything else that was destroyed during the war on terror).

Aww, come on, tell us those ideas! You mind PMing them to me?

Tom62

Quote from: "Ultima22689"Aww, come on, tell us those ideas! You mind PMing them to me?
OK, but take my ideas with a grain of salt.

The main problem with the Middle East is that the religions keeps the hate flowing. Jews against Muslims; Muslims against Christians; Muslims against Muslims, etc.,  etc. The only way to solve the problem is to either isolate the warring factions from each other, eradicating the enemy from the face of the Earth or by a complete, religious reeducation of the population.

The Israelis are already building a wall to separate them from the Palestine population. I'm personally in favor of building also a wall around Israel to separate them from the rest of the Middle East and from us. A similar wall could than be build between the Middle East and Europe. We could also physically relocate the Israelis to an artificial island that we could build far away from any Muslim population. That makes it easier for us to keep an eye on them.

A less humane solution would be to eradicate the enemy completely. Maybe people will complain for a period of time, but after a couple of decades no-one really cares any more that you committed genocide. For example: I don't think there are many people in the West, who (in their hearts) would be opposed against using major parts of Afghanistan for nuclear bomb tests. It would change that miserable country in a wonderful big parking lot for the US army  ;) .

The idea of reeducation could be executed the slow- and humane way or the totalitarian regime way. It all depends on how fast we would like to see any positive results. The best would be to remove any religious teachings from the minds of all the people, but that might be too much work. It would be "easier" to convert, let's say the Jews in Israel to the Muslim believe than all the Jews and Muslims in the Middle East to Atheism. The slow- and humane way would be to brainwash all Jewish teachers and rabbis, so that they will start to teach from the Qur'an instead of the Torah. After a couple of generations, the Jewish religion will no longer exist and the Israelis can live happily together with their Muslim brothers in the Middle East. The total regime way would be to eliminate any one who have been "infected"  with the "false" religion. The remainder of the population (mainly children) could than be taught the "right" religion.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ultima22689

Interesting, I think you have some good ideas which are likely the only ones that will work. Every once in awhile you have to think like Spock, you may become a cold heartless being but you'll get a lot more done. Is it weird to brush aside all of the morality and emotion for an hour or so so you can think about the world more clearly?