News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

To all 'rational' atheist: Please answer my questions.

Started by pj084527, December 13, 2009, 02:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelltrill

To the OP --> http://creation.com/darwins-arguments-against-god
This is a website written by Christians refuting Darwin's arguments against god. If you read this entire webpage and do not see the absurdity in it, then  :shake:
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

Faradaympp

You know it's arguments like this that caused me to start questionning religion in the first place, how can the bible claim to enlighten people if this is the resulting logic? But i'm bored *yawn* so I'll continue anyway.

First of all I am not offended by evolution because it's a scientifically proven theory, and it makes much more sense than an omnipotent being deciding to make a whole universe just to house one species. furthermore in many cases I would hardly call your god "loving", god did not create us in his image we created him in ours.

Secondly I would trust any book written by Dawkins or Darwin because they are educated and reasonable men, not some dark age fanatics who thought that burning non-believers :|

Lastly, what evidence? What proof? If there was any such proof I might still be a believer, rather than telling us that there is proof why don't you just tell us what it is? We believe in these theories because they make sense and personaly I don't believe in any "universal truth", good and evil are relative terms, just ask any terrorist, he'll be glad to explain why we are the "evil" ones who attacked his country for no reason at all.

Really your questions are pretty much your run-of-the-mill, half-baked, mediocre arguments we've grown used to from a good majority of the church :shake:. Please have a little more respect for yourselves and humanity before posting things like this.
"It's ironic that a god who created intelligent beings would want their blind devotion."-Anonymous

CAUTION-Staring at burning bushes may cause blindness. ;)

Faradaympp

I would like to formally apologize to all those who may have been offended by my previous comment. It was not my intention to do so, I just got a little carried away and I will try to show more self-control :)
"It's ironic that a god who created intelligent beings would want their blind devotion."-Anonymous

CAUTION-Staring at burning bushes may cause blindness. ;)

dogsmycopilot

Quote from: "pj084527"(1) Why do you feel insulted and upset when creation scientist says that people were created in the image and likeness of a loving God, but you have no problem with the evolutionist claim that we all evolved from slime by a cosmic accident?
Your assumption is not accurate to all atheists. This is not a thing which insults me.  

Quote from: "pj084527"(2) Why do you people criticize Christians because we believe the Bible,
Because the bible has a lot of nasty stuff in it. From child killing (Pslams) to incest to war it's the most disgusting book I have ever read. How can you "believe" such viciousness and if you do then yes, I feel a right and a need to criticize that.  

Quote from: "pj084527"and say that it can't possibly be true because it's just a book written by mere men,
Again, doesn't apply to all of us. The bible is probably true in it's own way. There really were herds of traveling tribes, there really was an ancient writer who wrote this stuff down.

Quote from: "pj084527"yet you never question any of Darwin's or Richard Dawkins' writings on evolution and just dogmatically accepts it?
Again not true. Every modern author gets critiqued, science authors have to publish things in peer reviewed journals and I, myself, question the selfish gene theory. I find the global brain theory more plausible.  

Quote from: "pj084527"(3) Why do you insult the Holy Bible
See above. I insult anything that describes child killing as something good.
Quote from: "pj084527"yet you believe all life forms including plants, trees, insects, birds, fish, reptiles and mammals evolved from one species into another - As if evolution isn’t the biggest fairytale of them all?
No, science seems pretty conclusive on the matter.

Quote from: "pj084527"(4) While all evidence, logic and reasoning point to a Creator and absolute truth,
But it doesn't. Indeed the opposite is being shown to be true.

Quote from: "pj084527"why do you Atheists in you arrogance
Ad hominem that does nothing to further your argument.

Quote from: "pj084527"continue to to hide behind elaborate 'science theories' and claim that you understand the nature of creation, when the fact shows that relativism and the theory of evolution doesn't describe the creation of the universe at all, or why concepts of good and evil or morality exist?
All your views and strawmen. Good and evil do not objectively exist and no one is hiding. I'm here answering what you asked. My identity is not hidden, I am out to my family and friends.

NeoHeathen

Quote from: "pj084527"(1) Why do you feel insulted and upset when creation scientist says that people were created in the image and likeness of a loving God, but you have no problem with the evolutionist claim that we all evolved from slime by a cosmic accident?

(2) Why do you people criticize Christians because we believe the Bible, and say that it can't possibly be true because it's just a book written by mere men, yet you never question any of Darwin's or Richard Dawkins' writings on evolution and just dogmatically accepts it?

(3) Why do you insult the Holy Bible by saying it is full of fairy tales , yet you believe all life forms including plants, trees, insects, birds, fish, reptiles and mammals evolved from one species into another - As if evolution isn’t the biggest fairytale of them all?

(4) While all evidence, logic and reasoning point to a Creator and absolute truth, why do you Atheists in you arrogance continue to to hide behind elaborate 'science theories' and claim that you understand the nature of creation, when the fact shows that relativism and the theory of evolution doesn't describe the creation of the universe at all, or why concepts of good and evil or morality exist?

1. Because the fact of "evolving from some slime by a cosmic accident" (which is an extreme over simplification of the process of evolution) has been proven in many fields of science and tested for over a century and has an extraordinary line of evidence to prove it. Creation "science" on the other hand has failed on all accounts to provide any evidence and relies upon misunderstandings and downright deliberate falsehoods of evolution. Even in the court of law they have failed to convince us otherwise. As for being created "by an all loving God", GREAT! Now provide us some evidence of your metaphysical claims and we can get somewhere.

2. Once again because the lines of evidence from multiple fields of science prove it. As for the authors themselves, who ever said their works are infallible? Let alone claim they are "divinely inspired", it is you Christians who make these absurd claims, not us.

3. Another redundant "argument", see answers 1 and 2. Also I figured I would ask, isn't this the same Bible that claims the result of humanities "failure" was the result of some magic fruit tree containing a deadly apple that was eaten because a talking snake told them to do it? Not to mention humanity being created from dirt.

4. What evidence, logic, and reasoning has lead you to believe in a creator? The belief in a god is not something I necessarily have a problem with, in fact these very scientific theories you seem to have a problem with have lead some people to believe in a creator, they just don't need to hide behind outdated desert mythology to do so.  As far as relativism and the theory of evolution not describing the "creation" of the universe, well, no shit? Even the Big Bang Theory doesn't go beyond a certain point of what happened before it etc... But in case you haven't learned from the past, using supernatural explanations to fill in gaps of knowledge is not the way to go. It was not long ago people believed some god named Thor was responsible for thunder.

Achaios

Quote from: "pj084527"Here is my responds to all of you that are claiming there are no proof that God exist. Scientists have found mountains of evidence which explain the methods of God's ways. Further more, for anyone who really studies science, we have found firm foundations for a designer and the plausibility of omniscience, omnipresence, prayer intervention, etc. But mankind is a proud species. Godless people don't want to admit there is something greater and that something greater is going to judge you. So you invent alternatives like the lie of evolution and big bang as a false escape from truth. It makes sinful people like you feel better. You just don't want to answer to God's laws.

Although it is been like a month or so from the last reply on this thread I will put another brick on this wall :yay:
For you I am a sinful person. yeah baby. I remember well that in the bible says that you must not judge..only god can judge..soo  :pop: