News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What if Religions were never formed?

Started by eriellefae, December 11, 2009, 08:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Have you seen the family guy episode Road to the Multiverse?  If not Stewie and Brian go to a universe where Christianity never existed.  I think that's how the world would most likey be without religion existing.  You should youtube it and see it if you havent.

Man Hot Meg was pretty hot. Never understood how a hot lady like Lois would have an ugly daughter like Meg. I find it ironic that she's voiced by the beautiful Mila Kunis.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"Have you seen the family guy episode Road to the Multiverse?  If not Stewie and Brian go to a universe where Christianity never existed.  I think that's how the world would most likey be without religion existing.  You should youtube it and see it if you havent.

Man Hot Meg was pretty hot. Never understood how a hot lady like Lois would have an ugly daughter like Meg. I find it ironic that she's voiced by the beautiful Mila Kunis.

lol Lois had an ugly daughter because she got most of her genes from peter.  In the actual atheist episode when Meg outed Brian and he lied, saying he was a Christian for booze they mention it.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

G-Roll

I love that episode!!! Let he who throws the first toyota be without sin!" haha.

yeah I dont remember the exact car. Louis said something funny too, along the lines of we dont believe but we belive in god in this house.
who am i kidding i remember next to nothing of this episode, i suck.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

LoneMateria

Quote from: "G-Roll"I love that episode!!! Let he who throws the first toyota be without sin!" haha.

yeah I dont remember the exact car. Louis said something funny too, along the lines of we dont believe but we belive in god in this house.
who am i kidding i remember next to nothing of this episode, i suck.

I <3 family guy so I know what was said.

Brian: "I thought he who was without sin could cast the first Prius."

Lois: "Bashing organized religion is one thing but we believe in god in this house."

Don't ask me why I know so many of these family guy lines.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

zandurian

Quote from: "eriellefae"I'm not new to atheism, but I am new to discussing it. I've kept my thoughts to myself for a while. That was exactly what I was going to say about the love that Christianity gives. I was also going to add that it almost seems  a little silly. I mean, if you have ever had a Christian friend or family member, they tend to overly love you, care about you etc. It's like they have a list of things that they are supposed to care about. I don't know... it's hard to explain.

The reason I was trying to find some good in them was because I actually have  family that are Christians. I go to church with them here and there. I do it so they will accept me (In laws). lol So, I guess part of this thread was to help me find a balance.

I want to add more but I don't really have a whole lot of time right now. Thanks for responding. I'll post more soon.

A lot of people are drawn to the picture of love and self sacrifice painted by Jesus. Many discover that same reality (ie: same person) inside of them and that's where all that love comes from. Turn the other cheek, become like a child, be reborn - those are universal concepts. The problem came when politics got involved (early on) and special texts/creeds were adopted and a belief in them was enforced. Creating a system of dogmatic legalism from abstract/ethereal concepts is a recipe for disaster.

However - I read a poll recently where a large percentage of professed Christians are now open to diverse concepts which actually contradict Christianity. To me that's a great sign of a better world to come.

NaturaLCalamity

Quote from: "eriellefae"I'm not new to atheism, but I am new to discussing it. I've kept my thoughts to myself for a while. That was exactly what I was going to say about the love that Christianity gives. I was also going to add that it almost seems  a little silly. I mean, if you have ever had a Christian friend or family member, they tend to overly love you, care about you etc. It's like they have a list of things that they are supposed to care about. I don't know... it's hard to explain.

The reason I was trying to find some good in them was because I actually have  family that are Christians. I go to church with them here and there. I do it so they will accept me (In laws). lol So, I guess part of this thread was to help me find a balance.

I want to add more but I don't really have a whole lot of time right now. Thanks for responding. I'll post more soon.

Hmmm. I've had many religious and Christians friends, including my best friend who's Christian. And no, he doesn't tend to "overly" love me. He loves me because that's what friends do. I'm an athiest, he's an athiest, heck, even my girlfriend's a Christian. Oh, and I kind of feel sorry for you for going to church to feel accepted. Your friends and family should love you for you. You should be honest about everything, especially religion. Don't feel guilty about being religiously neglected, I honestly think it's unhealthy.
"Put your hands to the constellations, the way you look should be a sin, you're my sinsation...
I know I'm preachin' to the congregation, we love Jesus but you'd learned a lot from Satan!
May the Lord forgive us, May the Gods be with us
In that magic hour, I've seen good christians, make rash decisions
Oh she do it, what happened to Religion? Oh sh