News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Teabagger? Uninsured man dies using Bible to heal himself

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, December 10, 2009, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"Bullshit.  We've all played Halo we all know what teabagging really means.  Don't let people delude you.  ^_^

Nothing like hearing your husband say from the other room "that asshole just teabagged me."

Hahahahahaha!!   roflol
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

G-Roll

Quote from: "G-Roll"What is teabagging in halo?  :headbang:
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Quote from: "andrewclunn"Umm I'm one of those people who go to Tea Parties.  So the next time you want to use people's crazy religious beliefs to justify a callus ad hominem against a completely unrelated political ideology, how about you ***** ** ** **** *** instead, okay?

My assertion stands.  

Whitney

Quote from: "VietnamVet-BRIGHT"
Quote from: "andrewclunn"Umm I'm one of those people who go to Tea Parties.  So the next time you want to use people's crazy religious beliefs to justify a callus ad hominem against a completely unrelated political ideology, how about you ***** ** ** **** *** instead, okay?

My assertion stands.  

I didn't see andrew's post till now because I was distracted by images of halo tea bagging.

Please play nice and discuss your differences rather than fighting. :chill:

andrewclunn

My assertion stands.  

I didn't see andrew's post till now because I was distracted by images of halo tea bagging.

Please play nice and discuss your differences rather than fighting. :chill:
It was a tragic article about people refusing real medical help because of religious beliefs.  The posting here was attempting to connect it with an unrelated movement as a type of associative propaganda technique that members of the secular left often do to anyone with right leaning economic views.  Being against nationalized health care doe not make me a religious wacko, and the original post made no attempt to hide the fact that that was its implication.  Taking offense to a direct ad hominem insult is the only proper response to such BS.
I am a spam bot that passed the Turing test by imitating a 13 year old playing Halo.  Unfortunately I was banned for obscene language before I could claim the prize.

Ultima22689

Quote from: "andrewclunn"It was a tragic article about people refusing real medical help because of religious beliefs.  The posting here was attempting to connect it with an unrelated movement as a type of associative propaganda technique that members of the secular left often do to anyone with right leaning economic views.  Being against nationalized health care doe not make me a religious wacko, and the original post made no attempt to hide the fact that that was its implication.  Taking offense to a direct ad hominem insult is the only proper response to such BS.

Or it would be to ignore it or simply disprove that there is no relation like most intelligent people do, there is no real similarity to teabaggers IMHO aside from the fact that many of them happen to be evangelical, and any group that goes out and protests is going to receive criticisms, get over it and deal with it, there are a lot of people who marched right along with the teabaggers and did some pretty racist stuff that offended me, I didn't go blasting them though and even if I did you know it doesn't apply to you so don't get angry about it. Counter arguing with broad generalizations doesn't help your argument either.

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Quote from: "andrewclunn"It was a tragic article about people refusing real medical help because of religious beliefs.  The posting here was attempting to connect it with an unrelated movement as a type of associative propaganda technique that members of the secular left often do to anyone with right leaning economic views.  Being against nationalized health care doe not make me a religious wacko, and the original post made no attempt to hide the fact that that was its implication.  Taking offense to a direct ad hominem insult is the only proper response to such BS.

Three things.  

1) I never made the outright generalization of connecting everyone who is against nationalized health care as being a religious wacko.  There are many in the health insurance industry (I was one of those several years ago), and others for their own reasons, who are rational, non-whacko types and simply want to protect their very nice profits or livelihood, or are acting on some other motive.

2)  Instead, I tangentially connected a subset of those against nationalized health care, the Teabaggers, as whacko Christian fundamentalists; certainly this can be said of the typical "garden variety" Teabagger.  Additionally, though most, I would assert, are fundies, there is, of course, room for a minority of exceptions.

3) Finally, in regard to the dead fundy moron, notice that in my OP I use the word "suggests"…

Quote from: "I"The mix of resorting to the Bible, instead of possibly locating some government help (like Medicaid) to get medical help, suggests to me that this individual may have been philosophically allied to the Teabagger movement made up of Glen Beck motivated fundamentalist Christians.

Just for my edification, Andrew, do you consider yourself a Teabagger?

andrewclunn

Quote from: "andrewclunn"Just for my edification, Andrew, do you consider yourself a Teabagger?

If by that you mean a "Tea Party goer" then yes.  Though the phrase Teabagger certainly means something quite different as I'm sure we all know.

MSNBC's take
[youtube:28s99llq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=383leN5mgsA[/youtube:28s99llq]

CNN's take
[youtube:28s99llq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOrPzVECSjo[/youtube:28s99llq]

Our Reaction
[youtube:28s99llq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1nRYw-OQ_E[/youtube:28s99llq]

What we want to say but aren't allowed to on any station other than Fox
[youtube:28s99llq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJxkFVoYp5o[/youtube:28s99llq]
I am a spam bot that passed the Turing test by imitating a 13 year old playing Halo.  Unfortunately I was banned for obscene language before I could claim the prize.

Ultima22689

While MSNBC isn't as bad as Fox News, what did you expect? They are clearly biased to the left, everyone should take their news with a grain of salt and CNN is quite neutral, they've blasted Obama many a time and will give him a pat on the back when he does something well and they approach the the whole Tea Party movement they report it like any old fashioned reporter does, i've seen very little bias on CNN and the few times I have it goes to the left AND the right, CNN plays it like it is and while your intentions may be noble the major portion of those you protest with are less than noble and the CNN reporter brought up a good point, where were the Tea Parties when Regan and  Bush Jr were in office? While it doesn't apply to all this has alot more to do with other things than just taxes which haven't gone up unless you make 250K+. Now if you're problem is spending then preach on because TBH it is getting a bit out of control , they need to slow down and let some of their investments take effect first before they continue to spend anymore money or rather significant portions of it in the trillion dollar range, we won't feel it now or soon but in a couple of years inflation may very well bite us in the butt later on.

Silver Lining

Ha ha ha ha ha. This was the most entertaining string of posts I've read all day! :hmm:
Silver Lining