News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Ron Paul

Started by Ultima22689, December 06, 2009, 03:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: "andrewclunn"Odd, that doesn't sound any less "religious wacko" than Obama's anti-gay marriage stance.  I think people on the left delude them selves into believing that the left is more secular than it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJnRkUJjazU

Doesn't seem too looney to me. I think he's view is "I may not agree with it, but if it's not doing any harm it's none of my damn concern."

Ron's human and he has his own flaws and bias views. So far I've seen some rather intelligent and cogent ideas put forth by him. He isn't saying we should have no government but it should be minimal and do what it was meant to do: Provide for defense and judicial matters that private entities couldn't do. He isn't saying we should just get rid of all government but the wasteful pointless nonsense. It sounds insane for a politician to actually care about what's best for the People and that's a sad thing.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Sheeplauncher

Yeah RP has his flaws like everyone else but he has integrity and has been saying the same things for almost 30 years and trying to get big government under control for years. He has been trying to audit the fed for years and years and he recently got his amendment which was the audit into a bill since they gutted his original legislation but still did not vote for the bill even though it had things he liked because it had a lot of other bad policy in it. in my opinion RP is great and i really hope him or his son( who is running for senate in kentucky) will have a larger role in government.

McQ

Who is Ron Paul? Is he related to Ru?

Sorry, just in one of those moods today!  :D  One of my sons was supporting him for his Prez bid in 2008. I never bothered even looking the guy up to see what his platform was.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Nice.....You know most people would actually favor most of his positions.

He feels we should bring the troops home, we should work on removing a lot of government waste, we should look at real solutions to immigration/health/economic issues instead of just expanding government or creating more bureaucratic nonsense.

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Nice.....You know most people would actually favor most of his positions.

He feels we should bring the troops home, we should work on removing a lot of government waste, we should look at real solutions to immigration/health/economic issues instead of just expanding government or creating more bureaucratic nonsense.

Yeah, this thread got me off my duff and I actually looked the guy up. Very interesting. I disagree with him on issues like health care and global climate change, but he's certainly different than a lot of other would be presidential hopefuls.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Big Mac"Nice.....You know most people would actually favor most of his positions.

Yeah, this thread got me off my duff and I actually looked the guy up. Very interesting. I disagree with him on issues like health care and global climate change, but he's certainly different than a lot of other would be presidential hopefuls.

I think his platform is so good it encompasses most people's hopes for America. I guess no one idea would be the solution, eh?

MommaSquid

I've heard him say (in various speeches) that he would dismantle the IRS...I'd support that!  The code is too confusing for the average person to understand and too easily manipulated by unscrupulous people.

Big Mac

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I've heard him say (in various speeches) that he would dismantle the IRS...I'd support that!  The code is too confusing for the average person to understand and too easily manipulated by unscrupulous people.

I agree. I personally like the idea of a 23% tax on all goods and no income tax. It might be a little more expensive to buy stuff but you'd also have more money and it'd ensure that more people would pay taxes. It's not a perfect solution but I think a much better answer to our current problem with people avoiding taxes. That and it'd be one less thing for people to bitch and moan about illegal immigrants.

www.fairtax.org