News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

This robotic hand is insane!

Started by Ultima22689, November 26, 2009, 04:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Big Mac has a masters in the art of trolling from Stamford, for sure  :D
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Ultima22689

hence why I stopped responding, it's starting to get old.

Vire70

Personally I thought this robotic hand was a lot more impressive.

[youtube:3rbp71ip]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk[/youtube:3rbp71ip]
[youtube:3rbp71ip]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfdHY26E2jc[/youtube:3rbp71ip]

This would make masturbation a whole lot more efficient.

Ultima22689

It could improve it or make it a night mare, I believe the latter.

The significance wasn't the fluidity of the hand but that it was controlled completely by a man's mind just as well as an ordinary biological hand. It's a breakthrough that has never been done before. As these projects get more funding and become more mainstream we will begin to see much more amazing stuff. Breakthroughs are happening all the time. I believe I linked it already but the first functioning molecular transistor was created the other day.

Renegnicat

I kind of figured Big Mac was yanking my dick.

Either we stick with biological reproduction, or we go full on android and reproduce our children through manufacturing. Or, and this is the difficult one, we create a hybrid system where nanobots inside our cells modify our DNA on the fly, and possess arificial inteligence comparable to a human, but feed off our naturally occuring energy, so that if we die, they die. Which means they would have every incentive to continually modify our genes till we become gods.

I think the second option will probably be a transitional period until we have the technology to accomplish the third option, which will most likely be a second singularity.  :drool
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

Mike M.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Ultima22689"hence why I stopped responding, it's starting to get old.

It's all in good fun. People take the bait, I have a laugh so ergo I'm happy and therefore the world should be. Otherwise you hate America and support Al Qaeda.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?