News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Our ATHEIST billboard in Lakeland, Florida

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, November 03, 2009, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

Quote from: "LoneMateria"
Quote from: "Ninteen45"I can imagine rush hour there!

QuoteNathaniel Thomas said he respects the group's right to free speech but still wishes the billboard wasn't there. "We've got a lot of churches in this neighborhood, a lot of black churches in this neighborhood, and we don't need that," he said.

he he.

Why does he specifically denote black churches?

I wondered that, too.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

aniintheskywithtofu

I live in Kissimmee and saw this on the news.  People are really upset about it, yet I pass religious billboards all the time.

hah

Forseti

waw, i really really want to put one here, but i'll probably get killed
sorry for my broken english :)

LoneMateria

Quote from: "aniintheskywithtofu"I live in Kissimmee and saw this on the news.  People are really upset about it, yet I pass religious billboards all the time.

hah

w00t Kissimmee I used to live there!!!

Yeah I read in an article that the Billboard's owner has been threatened and is going to take it down and not let them put it back up or will have it moved or something like that.  I saw it on atheists sub-reddit.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

karadan

Quote from: "LoneMateria"
Quote from: "aniintheskywithtofu"I live in Kissimmee and saw this on the news.  People are really upset about it, yet I pass religious billboards all the time.

hah

w00t Kissimmee I used to live there!!!

Yeah I read in an article that the Billboard's owner has been threatened and is going to take it down and not let them put it back up or will have it moved or something like that.  I saw it on atheists sub-reddit.

How very christian of the people making the threats...   :sigh:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "karadan"How very christian of the people making the threats...   :sigh:

Yup and the kicker is their minds are so warped that they feel they are doing the right thing.  I bet the people who make the threats are the same people who want the government to legislate everyones life and force everyone to believe in their deity.  People like this need to be locked into either 1) a mental institution or 2) a prison for domestic terrorism.  My personal take on it.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl