News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Anybody hear about the tv show 24 going green?

Started by kevinyuyu, September 17, 2009, 06:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinyuyu

Due to the amount of chemicals released into the atmosphere during a typical '24' show filming(explosions etc...) they have decided to go green. How are they going to accomplish this, by buying carbon offset certificates?
24 and Hustle Charmed r my shows

LoneMateria

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/24/foxs-24-joins-the-fight-agains-8694.aspx

The link above tells what they will do to help make everything greener.  Honestly I wonder how much this had cost them.  ROI (return on investment) is always what they are thinking about.  Maybe they think they will make more money from good PR.  Or maybe this will lessen their bills and will pay itself off over time.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

hismikeness

I've heard about studies that say consumers will pay up to 17% more for a similar product if it is stamped as being "green." Don't know if it was just work propaganda to get us to buy in to some of the crap we have to do for the green movement or not, but either way, I thought that was interesting. Maybe that includes advertisements??

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Will

Torturing people with solar power? Opening fire with recycled bullets?

What an entertaining contradiction.  :D
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "kevinyuyu"they have decided to go green. How are they going to accomplish this, by buying carbon offset certificates?

They are going to have to purchase some if they want to be carbon neutral.  Well, unless they are looking at switching everything over to solar power and not making any more explosions.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "kevinyuyu"they have decided to go green. How are they going to accomplish this, by buying carbon offset certificates?

They are going to have to purchase some if they want to be carbon neutral.  Well, unless they are looking at switching everything over to solar power and not making any more explosions.

no explosions = no show.  Carbon offsets = cheating lol.  I'd like to see the actors on their hands and knees planting trees instead of buying them saying see these trees are mine.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

forestliu13