News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Alcoholism

Started by AlP, October 15, 2009, 08:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlP

I drank 11 again. This is actually an improvement for Fridays. Usually on weekends I drink at least 20. Good night all!
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Renegnicat

Ah. I was unaware of the side effects of alcohol withdrawal. I guess cold turkey's a bust then.
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

SSY

Major withdrawal nearly killed an uncle of mine, had to be done in hospital, he was doped up on painkillers for the better part of a week before he came down. A taper is definitely the way to go.

For the record, that uncle is now a total waste of skin, I no longer give him the time of day, you really don't want to turn your life into the infinite shithole he made for himself.

Good luck with your drinking problem, you are the only one who can ultimately solve it.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

AlP

My cousin is currently in hospital "drying herself out". Her kidneys are failing according to my mom. She has a 9 year old child. I don't want to be their believe me.

AlP

Loffler

Quote from: "AlP"19
How do you keep count after 12?

Renegnicat

19? Dear god man, do you want to get better or not?
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

AlP

Yes that was more than I intended.

Loffler

Quote from: "Renegnicat"19? Dear god man, do you want to get better or not?

Do you know how little sense this question makes? You think he lined up his 19 bottles Leaving Las Vegas style and shotgunned them in 5 minutes?

He has to drink an unhealthy amount just to stay normal. By the time he's "normal" he's already drunk and uninhibited, then it's one after another.

The problem with trying to figure out addiction in a forum or even discussion setting is that a discussion takes a few minutes. It's easy not to drink right this second. But then there's the next second. And the second after that. And seconds add up to minutes, and to hours, and days. It's easy to have strong will for a second. But several days? Weeks?

I think anyone who lacks washboard abs, their dream job, the dream relationship, six-figure income, and an Academy Award can understand the trials of imperfect willpower.

AlP

I think it's a good thing to criticize people when they drink 19 beers and they're trying to give up. I clearly failed. Renegnicat helped me.

Loffler

Quote from: "AlP"I think it's a good thing to criticize people when they drink 19 beers and they're trying to give up. I clearly failed. Renegnicat helped me.
If it's helping, then allow me:

STOP DRINKING 19 BEERS. I won't believe you want to get better until you go to the doctor.

AlP

Thanks. Psychological conditioning in action =). 6 tonight. I'll start graphing this soon and we can see if there's a downward trend.

Whitney

Quote from: "AlP"6 tonight.

Much better :)  If you aren't feeling any major withdrawl symptoms (which apparently can be dangerous) your goal for this week is to not exceed that amount per night.

AlP

Quote from: "Whitney"Much better :)  If you aren't feeling any major withdrawl symptoms (which apparently can be dangerous) your goal for this week is to not exceed that amount per night.
Thanks Whitney. Lets see if I get any sleep tonight... I think I'll be okay =).

AlP

Woke up a bit early but still got 6 hours sleep which is fine. Also no hangover. Weird.