News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Richard Dawkins on Bill Maher tomorrow.

Started by Ultima22689, October 02, 2009, 01:38:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: "iNow"A good overall episode of Real Time... lots of good issues and good points... But Dawkins fell a bit flat... was a bit quiet.  Oh well.  We all know people are ridiculous and crazy.  I'm just tired of them being the ones to change the world.  It's time for the rest of us to get off our asses, away from the computer, and fight for progress on this planet.

Yeah, he wasn't jumping in as much as the others.

I did enjoy the whole "causes of terrorist bomber motivation" debate.
"It's Sex!"
"They Love/Hate America!"
"It's political!"
"It's Religion!"

Nobody seemed to mention the fact that there's quite a bit of brainwashing involved to get someone to agree to detonate themselves.
Stop watching the puppets and start looking for where the strings lead (IMHO).

Out,
JoeActor

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

nikkmichalski

I can't wait for this! It's like Kurt Vonnegut having a chat with Darwin.
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

iNow

Quote from: "nikkmichalski"I can't wait for this! It's like Kurt Vonnegut having a chat with Darwin.
Just FYI... It already happened... Two days ago.   :P

nikkmichalski

Sorry, I'm living in a permanent time warp. It's only the 3rd here and I still missed it!
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5