News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Atheism is a lie

Started by ebarrowes, August 14, 2009, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L Holland

To Whitney

Welcome back I hope your trip went well.  Atheists do not believe that God or Gods exist and since they have been given no evidence or proofs that God or Gods exist then God or Gods do not exist.

But I and others believe that we have been given the proofs and evidence needed to believe that God or Gods exist.  Now of course this means squat because this proof or evidence cannot be given as evidence or proofs to others.  So it is back to the my old stand bye statement God or Gods can only exist where evidence or proofs has been given to prove their existence without it they do not exist.

At one time it was believed that the sun and planets orbited the earth, this was considered fact.  Did this known fact make it so, no.  At one time we did not believe that planets existed outside of our solar system did this belief make it a fact, no.  We now have seen hundreds of planets as well as black holes that do exist.  We even had seen a planet that has standing water on it.  Prior this discovery we believed that we were the only water planet that existed.

Now does this really make a difference no, if God or Gods exist but do not give proofs or evidence of their existence does it matter that they exist, no.  But it does not mean they do not exist.

Whitney

the trip went well, thank you.

I don't know how else to explain why I disagree with the statement:
Quote from: "Mark L Holland"Atheists do not believe that God or Gods exist and since they have been given no evidence or proofs that God or Gods exist then God or Gods do not exist.

but we agree on this:

QuoteNow does this really make a difference no, if God or Gods exist but do not give proofs or evidence of their existence does it matter that they exist, no.  But it does not mean they do not exist.

Squid

Quote from: "Whitney"the trip went well, thank you.

I don't know how else to explain why I disagree with the statement:
Quote from: "Mark L Holland"Atheists do not believe that God or Gods exist and since they have been given no evidence or proofs that God or Gods exist then God or Gods do not exist.

Sagan's Dragon

Renegnicat

Mark L. Holland, I like you all ready.  :bananacolor:
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

LoneMateria

I think this will address the old canard that there are n o atheists.  I feel it would be appropriate to post here:

[youtube:5vksyr96]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnbXlkNavwo[/youtube:5vksyr96]
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl