News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

All Atheists will burn in hell....Offensive..

Started by AprilRose, August 11, 2009, 07:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilRose

I posted about the Iowa Des Moines bus issue in another forum.

A member of the forum said that all atheists will go to hell and a few other members were saying that it isn't offensive.

What is the purpose of telling someone they will burn in hell?

I wouldn't randomly tell a religious person there is not god or say something similar to you will burn in hell....

The guys post[/b
Quote]

"Hell is a big place. I'm sure it will hold all the atheist.

If there were even smallest fraction of a chance that my God did not exist and the His Son Jesus Christ death on the Cross was not for my salvation, then I pass into nothing and never know the difference right. However, when the atheist finds out he is wrong he will be looking forward to and eternity of Hell. You will never have the upperhand in that arguement. I can live in peace knowing that whatever bad this life brings me, my reward is to be had in Heaven.

How anyone could just believe that everything around them was an accident is hard to believe. Whether you believe in the one almighty God I do, or the moon god of the muslims, the Indian or Greek gods, etc I find it unreasonable that all the amazing and complex things in this universe are just a bunch of mistakes that accidently happened.

Anyway, back on topic. Let them have there sign for the short time they are alive. If that gives them satifaction, they need all they can get, because a miserable eternity in the Lake of Fire is all they have to look forward to.

I once heard that someone that stands for nothing, will fall for anything.

I'm not asking for anyone to denounce their faith, I'm just stating that mine is strong and solid in the fact that I have no reason to second guess my eternity. I hate knowing that many will burn in Hell forever because of their unbelief, but that is a decision they have to freely make. Unlike the Muslims, I will not hold a knife to someones throat to convince them to denounce their faith."

A response by another member

QuoteI live in the UK and atheism and agnosticism are pretty much the norm here, with belief in evolution almost unanimous (except from our muslim community and eastern european immigrants.)

If you were to express views like that in a mainly European forum, people would laugh you off the board and probably call you a religious nut.

As an atheist myself, I find comments like this offensive and worrying. Is such anti atheist sentiment common in America, of limited to certain regions?

Personally I believe we are all here by accident and that life has no meaning. This view is not representative of all atheists.
In my country, you would not get away with these comments as they would be considered hate speech. I understand you have your First Amendment and unqualified free speech, but Idon't see why comments like this should be expressed in multi national board.

THen the mean guys response-

QuoteGlad I don't live in the sad an oppressive part of the world you live in. If you consider me or anyone else on this forum expressing ours views on our belief hate speech then you guys are way out there. You follow a statement saying I would be called names, by telling me I'd be the one using hate speech? Sounds like you guys have lost your way big time. All I said is I find it hard to believe and unreasonable not to believe. I never said I would resort to name calling or anything simiar to that. I don't hate anyone for their believes. I'm glad I live in surch a great nation that we tolerate people of differing views, while still being able to tell people we do disagree. Sound slike you guys have little to no tolerance for anything that differs from your "NORM".

So the UK has now resorted to censorship and oppression towards people of faith? Glad I don't have to live in a close minded society like you guys have. Unfortunately I see the US going in many of the same terrible directions Europe is.

BTW just because I disagree with the athiest, doesn't mean I have any ill will towards them. I think you are jumping overboard and acting rediculous just to find something to be offended by. Phat's been on this board for ages and I haven't loaded my guns and paid him a visit yet, and I disagree with most of what he says  I won't censor my faith just because you are intolerant and thin skinned.

Post like yours make me proud to live in America. We can state our views without worry of oppression like your nation does to it citizens. Do you guys have book burnings also?

I don't know what to say because what ever I say to him...He says he is not trying to offend anyone...even though he is..

curiosityandthecat

I'd reply to him, "You're ugly."

See if he gets offended.  :)
-Curio

Will

Sometimes it's fun to respond to serious condescension with joking condescension. For example, you could respond to the post the way my freshman English professor might.
"Hell is a big place (can you provide evidence demonstrating the exact size of hell citing three independent sources? Also, when using "Hell" as a specific location, as you have, it should be capitalized.). I'm sure it will hold all the atheist. (when you're describing two or more of something, you need to make your word plural. In this case, you'd want to say "atheists". -2 points.)

If there were even smallest fraction of a chance that my God did not exist and the His Son Jesus Christ death on the Cross was not for my salvation, then I pass into nothing and never know the difference right (since this sentence is a question, it should end with a question mark (?) -2 points). However, when the atheist finds out he is wrong he will be looking forward to and eternity of Hell (Pascal's wager also works for other religions. What if you believe in Jesus your whole life and it turns out the Druids were right? Pascal's wager makes a simple mistake in only allowing a binary choice, when in fact there are many religions. Still, good job capitalizing Hell). You will never have the upperhand in that arguement (No one can ever have the upperhand in an arguement, as upper hand is two words, and it's spelled argument -4 points). I can live in peace knowing that whatever bad this life brings me, my reward is to be had in Heaven (explain what peace is to you, then demonstrate that you live in peace citing three independent sources).

How anyone could just believe that everything around them was an accident is hard to believe (atheists don't believe that "everything around them is an accident", as that doesn't follow the line of logic most atheists have for being atheist. purpose is not a factor in fact -5 points for strawman). Whether you believe in the one almighty God I do, or the moon god of the muslims, the Indian or Greek gods, etc I find it unreasonable that all the amazing and complex things in this universe are just a bunch of mistakes that accidently happened (Muslims (capitalized) do not believe in a "moon god", but rather "Allah", which is simply the Arabic word for "God". They believe in the same god you do, only with additional prophesies. -5 points Also, this is a run on sentence, and it's spelled accidentally. -4 points).

Anyway, back on topic (incomplete sentence. -2 points). Let them have there sign for the short time they are alive (what sign are you referring to? Do you mean the other religions? -3 points, unclear. Also, there is referring to a place, their is to indicate possession. -2 points). If that gives them satifaction, they need all they can get, because a miserable eternity in the Lake of Fire is all they have to look forward to (Satisfaction. -2 points. Lake of fire does not need to be capitalized, as it's not a proper noun. -2 points. Also, you need to establish that atheists will in fact be specifically going to this lake of fire before stating it as fact, please cite three independent sources.).

I once heard that someone that stands for nothing, will fall for anything (Hearing something doesn't necessarily make it true, especially when it comes to snide and shallow philosophy. Also, can you establish that atheists stand for nothing citing three independent sources?).

I'm not asking for anyone to denounce their faith, I'm just stating that mine is strong and solid in the fact that I have no reason to second guess my eternity (You've not demonstrated any degree of strength or weakness.). I hate knowing that many will burn in Hell forever because of their unbelief, but that is a decision they have to freely make (Knowing requires evidence. This should read "I hate having faith that many will burn in Hell..."). Unlike the Muslims, I will not hold a knife to someones throat to convince them to denounce their faith.(When something is possessive, it should have an apostrophe between the word and the s, in this case "someone's". Do all Muslims hold knives to people's throats to convince them to denounce their faith? No. This is bigoted, please see me after class -5 points)."
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

rlrose328

Quote from: "Will"Sometimes it's fun to respond to serious condescension with joking condescension. For example, you could respond to the post the way my freshman English professor might.

lol  :bananacolor:
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

LoneMateria

I enjoy Wills thinking.  The irony within that individuals post is very delicious.

When I see this sort of thing my response is something along the lines of this ^_^.

QuoteGlad I don't live in the sad an oppressive part of the world you live in. If you consider me or anyone else on this forum expressing ours views on our belief hate speech then you guys are way out there. You follow a statement saying I would be called names, by telling me I'd be the one using hate speech? Sounds like you guys have lost your way big time. All I said is I find it hard to believe and unreasonable not to believe. I never said I would resort to name calling or anything simiar to that. I don't hate anyone for their believes. I'm glad I live in surch a great nation that we tolerate people of differing views, while still being able to tell people we do disagree. Sound slike you guys have little to no tolerance for anything that differs from your "NORM".

Where do you base your sad and oppressive?  Telling people that you hope they get tortured and burned alive forever based on something as arbitrary as their lack in a fantasy world isn't a hate speech are you serious?  I bet you if atheists walked around saying that all Christians deserved to be burned alive, stabbed with pitchforks and beaten with clubs while they had the option to watch that you would call that a hate speech.  By the way saying you are giving a hate speech isn't name calling ... especially when you are doing it (Mommy they are picking on me again and I don't know why ... its because you are stupid sweety).  Also its hard to believe something as incoherent, ridiculous, and obscene as an invisible friend looking over you.  Your brain is trying to say something is wrong here, but the 4 year old still in you says, "Don't listen to her or you wont get your candy (heaven)".

Now if you don't hate anyone for their beliefs like you claim then why does your God?  If he's supposed to be better than you can possibly be then why are you more tolerant then your God?  Oh because he is a concept thought up by barbarians who think that their enemies deserve to be burned and have the flesh carved from their bones.  Your morals today are better than your god.  Own up to it!  I hear the UK is good, they make the delusional people of their society shut the fuck up in the best interest of their society.  I bet you there is no serious movement to teach Intelligent Design as science in the UK.  By the way you aren't one to talk about intolerance, in your delusional mind everyone that doesn't agree with you is burned alive forever you are as intolerant, bigoted, and hypocritical as they come.

~~ Sincerely your friend LoneMateria
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Seshat

Will, your post is full of win on so many levels.

Ihateyoumike

I think it's cute when a fundie gets all giddy and wet in the panties about others going to hell, while at the same time saying they feel bad about it. I love hypocrisy. On a related note, I think this guy would have made a wonderful Nazi.

And Will's post was such a thing of beauty. I almost teared up from laughing so hard. Thanks for that. +1 interwebz for you, sir.  :headbang:
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Ninteen45

QuoteGlad I don't live in the sad and backwards part of the world you live in. If you are saying me or anyone else on this forum expressing ours views or our belief should go to hell then you guys are way out there. You follow a statement saying I would be burned alive for all eternity, by telling me I'd be the one who goes to hell for not beleiving after basically posting every atheist will go to hell for not beleiving what you beleive?  I never said I would resort to name calling or anything simiar to that. I don't hate anyone for their beliefs. I'm glad I live in such a great nation that we tolerate people of differing views, while still being able to tell people we do disagree. Sounds like you guys have little to no tolerance for anything that differs from your "NORM".

QuoteSo the USA has now resorted to censorship and oppression towards people of no faith? Glad I don't have to live in a closed minded society like you guys have. Unfortunately I see the UK going in many of the same terrible directions America is.

BTW just because I disagree with the thiests it doesn't mean I have any ill will towards them. I think you are jumping onto a creul and primitive bandwagon. I disagree with most of what you say but I won't change my faith just because you are intolerant and and trolling.

Post like yours make me proud to live in UK. We can state our views without worry of oppression like your nation does to it citizens. Do you guys have book burnings also?
QuoteSo the UK has now resorted to censorship and oppression towards people of faith? Glad I don't have to live in a close minded society like you guys have. Unfortunately I see the US going in many of the same terrible directions Europe is.

BTW just because I disagree with the athiest, doesn't mean I have any ill will towards them. I think you are jumping overboard and acting rediculous just to find something to be offended by. Phat's been on this board for ages and I haven't loaded my guns and paid him a visit yet, and I disagree with most of what he says I won't censor my faith just because you are intolerant and thin skinned.

Post like yours make me proud to live in America. We can state our views without worry of oppression like your nation does to it citizens. Do you guys have book burnings also?

I had to.
Now I can be re-gognizod!