News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Flat Earth - a ruse!

Started by AlP, August 11, 2009, 12:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneMateria

Quote from: "AlP"Well I'm trying out the being intentionally dense thing. It seems so far to be an effective way of countering people holding the round Earth theory. I can't say I find it particularly fulfilling arguing something I don't believe though. Maybe some people like the irony of doing so. I value irony too but this is such unsophisticated irony. Maybe I'm missing something. Absurdity is hard to do.

This is giving you a glimpse into the mind of one of these people.  I bet its extremely empty... and small.  Next time you get into a debase with someone absurd you should compliment them on how easy absurdity comes to them :-D  You probably wont get very far with these people.  I doubt with stupidity that thick that reason can't get past it, it just gets lost :-(
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Heretical Rants

Considering the basis of their belief, this is rather unfortunate:

karadan

Quote from: "AlP"Well I'm trying out the being intentionally dense thing. It seems so far to be an effective way of countering people holding the round Earth theory. I can't say I find it particularly fulfilling arguing something I don't believe though. Maybe some people like the irony of doing so. I value irony too but this is such unsophisticated irony. Maybe I'm missing something. Absurdity is hard to do.

Haha. I must have been 'played' then... :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.