Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Your activities for the Summer?

Started by Athiest33, August 06, 2009, 01:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athiest33

I've been wasting time at my computer. A lot. Like right now. :crazy:

So what are you doing this summer?

I also went to this epic Tech Camp, and made a video game. It was pretty sick.

Will

I painted the house. It was tough, but it's really rewarding knowing that I won't have to do it again until I'm 36. By then we could all be living on Mars and I won't even have to worry about it.  :D
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

AlP

1) Investigate ways of doing CG rendering based on quantum electrodynamics. I know it won't work but I have to try =).
2) Investigate novel ways of representing 3D surfaces for the purposes of real-time rendering.
3) Think about how to do CG motion blur the "right way" in real-time.
4) Figure out how to add a concurrency model to JavaScript. I'm thinking software transactional memory.
5) Try and do software transactional memory in a Java virtual machine.
6) Create a new functional programming language for specifying how to build software.
7) Read a lot.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

rlrose328

I've been:

1.  Working on my MT stuff... now that I'm on extensions, I've really got to hustle to get it done before October!  I've got 3 sessions left after this current one (out of 18).
2.  Trying desperately to keep the kid occupied without letting him play video games all day long.  His attitude suffers when we let him do that.
3.  Playing WoW... darned addictive personality!

Not much else.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MariaEvri

usually I would go scuba diving and/or snorkelling
but this summer I barely left my home
I was talking with my friends about a cruise to egypt, but one had a baby and she cant spend money now and the other broke up and she snot in the mood
this summer sucks
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tom62

1. Flew a lot (to Boston, New York, Washington DC and Amsterdam)
2. Been planning our vacation (USA roundtrip)
3. Read loads of books (mainly SciFi)
4. Watched many DVD's
5. Played late evening chess on the Internet
6. Spend (too?) much time here on HAF and on Twitter
7. Worked a little on my JAVA open source project (playing around with Hibernate, SwingX and EclipseLink)
8. Spend too much time in the office to build up overtime (so that I can take more time off to see my wife)
9. Became a Blue October fan
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MommaSquid

I'm just trying not to fall over from heat stroke.  We just had the hottest July on record in Phoenix.  My electric bill is freakin huge and we keep the temp around 80 degrees in the house.

quizlixx

summerschool. but summers over for me.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Squid

I've been working on my thesis which seems to carry on forever.
Performed enzyme immunoassays in the new psychophysiology lab.
Worked...:collected data, a LOT of data organization and preliminary analysis, and just got the news that my supervisor and I were being nominated to be lead authors on a paper from the project.

Also, moved to San Antonio, moved into a new house and most of all quit smoking.

It's been a full summer...

Whitney

Well, this weekend I'm helping with cleanup to get ready for Camp Quest Texas which will be on August 30th.  Other than that...nothing special.  We wanted to go to the beach...but that just didn't work out.

Sheeplauncher

hismikeness

Quote from: "Tom62"9. Became a Blue October fan

How'd you discover Blue? I've been a fan for a while now? Just curious.

Also, check out this thread if you haven't already.

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Tom62

Quote from: "hismikeness"
Quote from: "Tom62"9. Became a Blue October fan

How'd you discover Blue? I've been a fan for a while now? Just curious.

Also, check out this thread if you haven't already.

Hismikeness

Some guy who called  himself "ihateyoumike" is to blame  ;) . He posted a Youtube video of them here on HAF thread. Bought all their Albums and am now convinced that they are the one of the best bands in the world. Pity that the are not so known here in Europe, but that might change when they arrive here with their "Crazy Making" Tour. I'm looking forward to see them on Saturday, 26th September in Erlangen.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

hismikeness

Quote from: "Tom62"Some guy who called  himself "ihateyoumike" is to blame  ;) .

Ahh yes, ihateyoumike, that sly boots. He is a fan because of me, a proverbial notch in my belt of Blue October fandom. Hence, I hereby take pyramid scheme style credit for your fandom as well.

Enjoy the show in September. The band is pretty known for meeting and greeting after all shows. ALL shows.

HisMIKEness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

jrosebud

bought a house
moved
realized that we have too much stuff
went to kansas for a week to escape the madness of moving here in texas (and so that my girly could go to space camp)
got a new job by way of a friend (no interview!  best. job. ever.)
preparing for a ginormous garage sale next weekend  :eek:
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins