News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Your favourite car (or mode of transport)

Started by dartman, August 01, 2009, 01:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

Anyone ever heard of the Tucker? It was pretty innovative for its time. I think there's a movie on it too.....

The engine is in the back so the front hood is actually the trunk.
That middle headlight turns with the steering wheel to better light the road when you're turning.
In an accident the windshield will fall outward (before airbags).
Some other features too... don't remember what they were.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

rlrose328

I have a red Prius... and it's the best car I've ever had.  I don't plan to buy another one... nor is there one I'd want.  I don't care for sportscars.  I've done the minivan thing.  I don't do big SUVs or trucks.  And the gas mileage is superb.  I love my Prius.

Joe has a dark blue Scion and he loves it as well, though he'd trade it in in a heartbeat for a dark blue Prius if we could afford it.  That's his dream car.

We're boring, I know.  :-)

There was a movie about the Tucker car, right?  Great car!  Very innovative.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

I'd really like to have an electric car...that looks cool.

Since I can't find the one I remember finding before..the Chevy Volt isn't bad

MariaEvri

Quote from: "rlrose328"I have a red Prius... and it's the best car I've ever had.

do u have the new prius or the 2008 model?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

rlrose328

Quote from: "MariaEvri"
Quote from: "rlrose328"I have a red Prius... and it's the best car I've ever had.

do u have the new prius or the 2008 model?

**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Squid

'70 'Cuda...yeah well, cause I want to sacrifice mpg for hp.

quizlixx

Quote from: "Squid"yeah well, cause I want to sacrifice mpg for hp.
worth it.  :headbang:
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

AlP

This choice of vehicles seems much like the rest of life. One can choose an everyday sensible vehicle of no particular importance like my public transportation example or a Prius. Or one can choose something beautifully absurd and personally meaningful like Squid's '70 'Cuda. There is no in between. Well actually there is but don't be a slave to the system! Lol.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

karadan

I'd be quite happy with this little beauty:

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/ ... header.jpg

[youtube:3olwcfek]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEOHn7rspsk[/youtube:3olwcfek]

But i'm currently driving this little bundle of joy to work :D

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

AlP

What's the name of the little blue car? It's awesome. Thanks karadan.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

dartman

The little blue car is called the Peel P50, AlP.

I've suddenly had a change of heart and I would happily drive this: the Fiat 500 Abarth.

NaturaLCalamity

The owner next door to where I work owns a DBS. I was obsessed with that car for a while, until I kept seeing his everyday. Now it's just blah!

A car that I'm really forward to is called the LF-A, from Lexus. It's coming out in 2011, costing over $300k, and reservations only. This is, probably, my dream car as of now. So Sexy!!!

"Put your hands to the constellations, the way you look should be a sin, you're my sinsation...
I know I'm preachin' to the congregation, we love Jesus but you'd learned a lot from Satan!
May the Lord forgive us, May the Gods be with us
In that magic hour, I've seen good christians, make rash decisions
Oh she do it, what happened to Religion? Oh sh