Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Free Graphic Design

Started by Whitney, April 08, 2009, 06:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: "Phillysoul11"
Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Phillysoul11"Whitney, I would suggest simplifying your current design a bit, I know it sounds nitpicky but a logo can either reel in or push away potential customers. The logo should be simple but clever enough to make the customer to spend the extra two seconds in admiration of your creation :) just keep it clean, fresh and clever and your good to go!

Oh no, it's not nitpicky, I actually like what you just did better than what I have come up with.  Maybe I've been looking at it for too long because simple is usually my approach.  If you don't mind, I think Joe should use your idea if he likes it.  I will also try applying the same simple yet smart concept to refining what I already had going.  Sometimes I wonder where my head is...in part I think I am purposely trying to not have a 'formula' to how I do design and in doing so end up not doing as well as I could.

I don't mind, but I don't want your work to go to waste, your design is getting close.  Sometimes when I work on a design for too long I start to over think things, which always leads to crappy artwork. I would suggest taking a step back and thinking about what things you can take out, and what things you need to keep. Once you have your "essential" material you should experiment with its organization. How you want to arrange things, do you want the waves getting larger as the radiate out or getting smaller ect. just little things like that.
You have some great ideas and I like where your logo is going!  :]

Agreed - both designs are solidly in the ballpark!

Great ideas... thanks Whitney and Philly.

Can't wait to see what gets posted next - this is exciting to watch the creative process unfold!
JoeActor

VanReal

Wow!  You guys are amazing!  I am always in awe of people with any creativity, and then saddened with my lack of any.  :(

If you get bored want to give a try for something for my ADHD coach website?  I've still got my my  site parked because I'm not sure where to start.  Need something along the lines of a spaz, square peg in a round hole, stick figure spinning on it's head, two blood-shot eyes?  No clue where to start.  Something starting from chaos to calm?  Or maybe the crazy smiley over there mixed with the dancing banana, hehe.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Whitney

Quote from: "VanReal"Wow!  You guys are amazing!  I am always in awe of people with any creativity, and then saddened with my lack of any.  :(

If you get bored want to give a try for something for my ADHD coach website?  I've still got my my  site parked because I'm not sure where to start.  Need something along the lines of a spaz, square peg in a round hole, stick figure spinning on it's head, two blood-shot eyes?  No clue where to start.  Something starting from chaos to calm?  Or maybe the crazy smiley over there mixed with the dancing banana, hehe.

I'll think about that and make a quick sketch if anything comes to mind.  I'm a bit of a spaz myself so that might help me come up with something fitting, lol.

jcm

VanReal
I got bored

what is the name of the website?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -cs

VanReal

I love it!  The exclamation point is interesting as I do tend to overuse it, and things seem real important at certain times...when they aren't  :D  My site is ADHDcoachDFW.com so ADHD coach is perfectly fine, that way there is no confusion.  Very nice!!  Thanks!
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Whitney

FYI, Microsoft Expression Web  3 is very similar to Dreamweaver and is only a fraction of the cost.  I just downloaded a 2 month free trial and already plan on buying it; I think it releases soon since it is on pre-order.  It's a wysiwyg editor that seems to actually work; I tested as I went in both IE and Firefox and only had one time when I needed to make a tweak to get it to work in both browsers.  The only bug I've found is it won't show images in design view if they are above a certain size but they display fine on the live pages (probably means I made my file too big, but I was on a deadline and will fix it later).  This is also the first time I've been able to get the damned background images to work in css (it just wasn't clicking before).  So, I'm off to go fix my own website with what I wanted a few months ago.

here is what I just did:  http://tinyurl.com/nbn4pn  It is simple, but it was basically designed and coded in about 8-10 hours (which is really fast compared to my last attempt).

Sigh, I don't know why I couldn't figure out the css stuff before...funny how things can click randomly (I still have some to learn a bit better).  Happy dance  :bananacolor:

Ayreon

If you are still taking offers, I would much appreciate it if you make my avatar fancier.
[size=150]"Man is but a beast, and for that reason, man is more than god."[/size]