News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Forum page loading time

Started by McQ, January 30, 2007, 08:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

Is anyone else experiencing the extremely long page loading times that I am with the forum? It's taking forever for every page in this site to load, including the log off page. Is there a setting I need to change in my computer or is there an excess of graphics or something in the site that's causing this.

I don't have this problem with any other site on the internet. Comments and opinions welcome.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Kestrel

I've experienced it, on and off myself.
I don't think it's graphics related, but I cast a jaundiced eye upon the ad banner, top right. It might have something to do with it.
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

donkeyhoty

It's a right-wing conspiracy.  They're watching us.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Big Mac

A wizard did it.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

ImpaledSkier

I blame the gays
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Big Mac

Actually it's Mastriani and his ego that is bogging down the bandwidth. Then again, what would we know being pathetic ilk and such!
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

McQ

Quote from: "Big Mac"Actually it's Mastriani and his ego that is bogging down the bandwidth. Then again, what would we know being pathetic ilk and such!

This I can believe.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

What type of connection are you using?  I'm on cable and it usually loads fine.

I don't think it's the ad banner since that's been up there for a while and I haven't made any changes to the site.  It could be increased traffic; that's the only thing that has changed recently.