News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Happy Atheist Logo

Started by JillSwift, June 26, 2009, 05:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrose328

Quote from: "thiolsulfate"
Quote from: "JillSwift"I have to agree: That's a very cool logo.
I would buy a t-shirt with that fish on it.

edit: I would buy two

Same here... love the fish, love the legs and the fact that they spell out HAF very subtly.  Great job!  Make a tshirt big enough for moi and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

Whitney

Here's another symbol that has been thrown around by people as something to use to represent atheist (I was actually trying to find this earlier and just came across it by accident):

The description of it is kinda cool.  http://athterisk.org/

I still like the fish one better though, because it is cute and identifiable (the athterisk will take a while to catch on if it catches on at all).  But, we could incorporate it into the fish (as his eye/top of the happy person's head).

quizlixx

"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: "jcm"Fish growing feet and moving from water to land. the front feet and eye is also someone who is happy.

the H A F is a little hard to read, may need more work.

+1
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Whitney

quizlixx

Quote from: "Whitney"http://www.cafepress.com/happyatheists
Just one question, is the Happy Atheist Sigg Water Bottle capable of holding coffee?
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

Whitney

Quote from: "quizlixx"
Just one question, is the Happy Atheist Sigg Water Bottle capable of holding coffee?

I think it is a plastic water bottle like you would use for a bike.  I wouldn't put anything hot in it.

quizlixx

Quote from: "Whitney"

I think it is a plastic water bottle like you would use for a bike.  I wouldn't put anything hot in it.
right, got it.  :D

rlrose328

Sigg bottles are aluminum... their thing is environmentally safe drinking bottles (reusable).  They are made from a single piece of aluminum so there are no seems to break or warp.  They are lined with an epoxy resin, so boiling liquids in them is not recommended because it can warp and damage the liner.  

From the sigg website:

QuoteWe don't recommend you fill a lightweight aluminum bottle with a piping hot beverage, as it will render the bottle untouchable and will burn your hands if you try and pick it up. If your lightweight aluminum SIGG bottle is inside one of our insulated pouches, this will provide you with better protection, but we still don't advise it. You are better off purchasing one of our thermo bottles or our SIGG Hot and Cool Bottle for your hot beverages.

The top twists off and on.  They do make an alternative top that you don't have to remove to drink from.  Whole Foods sells them; that's where we got ours.   ;)
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

Whitney

I've added the fish HAF logo to the top of the site and to the HappyAtheist Twitter account.  I've gotten great feedback on it from the people on twitter, they love it.  Thanks jcm.

McQ

Quote from: "Whitney"I've added the fish HAF logo to the top of the site and to the HappyAtheist Twitter account.  I've gotten great feedback on it from the people on twitter, they love it.  Thanks jcm.

Nice, Whitney. I like it. Well done!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Whitney"I've added the fish HAF logo to the top of the site and to the HappyAtheist Twitter account.  I've gotten great feedback on it from the people on twitter, they love it.  Thanks jcm.

Nice, Whitney. I like it. Well done!

JCM did the design...I just finally got around to implementing it properly.

Amy from SurlyRamics likes it:

Quote from: "@SurlyAmy"@HappyAtheist your avatar is so cute I can hardly stand it. Makes me want to hug the screen.

kenh

What a clever design!  I like it.  :)

Someone should work on a new design for freethinkers.  I know the pansy is an old symbol for freethinkers, but I think it needs updating to something more representative.

Whitney

Quote from: "kenh"What a clever design!  I like it.  :)

Someone should work on a new design for freethinkers.  I know the pansy is an old symbol for freethinkers, but I think it needs updating to something more representative.

Ya...and a pansey isn't that appealing since it means weak in slang; and we don't really want to associate free thought with being weak.  Not to mention that "pansey" is also a derogatory term.

North Texas Church of Freethought came up with a lighting bolt:  

Maybe a freethought symbol could be a brain with wings...though I think that's a bit too complicated and not very serious.