News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The Gay Gene

Started by Sophus, June 20, 2009, 05:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNow

Quote from: "AlP"I say the idea that homosexuality cannot be explained by evolution is premature.
I don't believe that "premature" is the correct word choice.  

"The idea that homosexuality cannot be explained by evolution is [strike:2c3jbc5n]premature[/strike:2c3jbc5n] wrong."
There.  Fixed.   :twak:

karadan

Quote from: "jbeukema"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"
Quote from: "jbeukema"The way JB views it, more fags means less competition...

Unfortunately for all the guys who think homosexuality means more cunny for them, there are female homosexuals as well.

Yes, but many of them are ugly :cool:

Bwuhahahaha!!!
 lol
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

templeboy

Quote from: "iNow"
Quote from: "AlP"I say the idea that homosexuality cannot be explained by evolution is premature.
I don't believe that "premature" is the correct word choice.  

"The idea that homosexuality cannot be explained by evolution is [strike:1fwxlgpd]premature[/strike:1fwxlgpd] wrong."
There.  Fixed.   :twak:

Thanks very much, enjoyed reading that
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God.' The Wise Man says it to the world."- Troy Witte

iNow

Quote from: "templeboy"Thanks very much, enjoyed reading that
My pleasure.  Glad to be of service.  :write:

LoneMateria

lol iNow you went into a lot more detail then I was.  After reading that crap about no evolutionary advantage for homosexuals I thought to myself, "the dumb fuck who made that statement isn't trying very hard."  First thing that popped in my mind (Proally because I was watching Meerkat Manor) was that the more homosexuals in the group the better a community can manage its resources.  Habitats can only support a certain number of animals.  That being said having a certain percentage of homosexuals in a group will keep the group small, putting a smaller strain on their food supply, while providing group protection from predators.  Lol and that was the first thing that just happened to pop in my mind.  The people who spout shit about no evolutionary advantage don't know what evolution or group selection is.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

iNow

LoneMateria

Thats one long ass post.  (I think it could be considered a troll post even if u wrote all of it >.<)  Though those posts debunk the claim that homosexuality doesn't exist in nature apologists still can use it as a weapon via guilt.  "Our god wants us to be better than the animals who are we to act like them its a sin to be homosexual." I bet even if scientists can find the genes that promote homosexual tendencies that these same fucks will use it to their advantage.  "Well this Christian has a wife and kids and he has the "Gay Genes" and he has been rehabilitated see homosexuality is a choice after all nananabobo we win."  

Hey btw I see you are in Austin do you watch the Atheist Experience or listen to the Non-Prophets?
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

iNow

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Thats one long ass post.  (I think it could be considered a troll post even if u wrote all of it >.<)
Well, I've never been known for being concise.  To me, it's more important to be understood without ambiguity than to be understood without effort.  Either way, I'll work on it.   :raised:

Quote from: "LoneMateria""Well this Christian has a wife and kids and he has the "Gay Genes" and he has been rehabilitated see homosexuality is a choice after all nananabobo we win."  
Yeah, I feel ya.  It's like they're wearing a condom over their head through which reality is not allowed to penetrate.  "Lalalalala I can't hear you" is not a valid argument.  Just as an FYI, the American Psychological Association has stood out against attempts to "rehabilitate" homosexuals, suggesting that it's incredibly unlikely to work (mostly since it is not a chosen behavior), and even causes harm.

Psychologists association: Therapists shouldn't tell gay clients they can become straight
QuoteThe American Psychological Association has declared that mental health professionals should not tell gay clients that they can become straight through therapy or other treatments.

Instead, the APA is urging therapists to consider multiple options â€" that could range from celibacy to switching churches â€" for helping clients whose sexual orientation and religious faith conflict.

In a resolution adopted by the APA's governing council and in a comprehensive report based on two years of research, the association puts itself firmly on record in opposition of so-called "reparative therapy" which seeks to change sexual orientation.

No solid evidence exists that such change is likely, says the report, and some research suggests that efforts to produce change could be harmful, inducing depression and suicidal tendencies.

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Hey btw I see you are in Austin do you watch the Atheist Experience or listen to the Non-Prophets?
I've not heard of Non-Prophets.  I'll have to keep an ear out for them.  I have, however, watched Atheist Experience many times.  Unfortunately, I no longer get the channel on which it airs ever since I had my satellite dish installed, but I can still grab clips online.  Also, I'm subscribed to their RSS feed, so I keep track of Matt and the gang through their blog posts.  Thanks for the heads up about the other crew.

LoneMateria

Yeah since when has theists (Christians in particular) listened to statements by psychologists about homosexuals?  I've heard many cases over the years in which the "professional" has criminal charges pressed against him because of his belief that homosexuality is a "choice" and can be "cured".  The dogma associated with homosexuals will take a long time to overcome even if they find the genetic cause for homosexual tendencies.  It is unfortunate religion has reinforced these dogmas which are spread like a plague amongst the least educated and the most violent.

Also (if you didn't notice) I have the links to the Atheist Experience and Non Prophets in my siggie.  I don't know when AE plays since the Public Access studio is down, so they are doing it at Matt's house.  Supposedly the studio will be back up in October.  But for now its cool they are taking live calls through Skype.  The Non Prophets is their sister show which is a biweekly podcast also streamed from Matt's house.  Him and a few of the AE co-hosts basically hang out and talk about religious news.  Both the links in my siggie will take you to the main page and there is an archive section where you can watch past episodes as well as instructions to watch/listen to the live stream of the shows through your computer.

buttercupbaby

If we evolved from a lower life form, why are there still  creationists?