News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Objective Minitries...

Started by ImpaledSkier, January 19, 2007, 06:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpaledSkier

Not Suitable for Children
Creative Ministries

Now, being relatively new to this forum, I don't know how many people have been to this site or if there has been a thread on it or not, but good science that is a scary site. I felt physically sick after scrolling through the kids section, especially the atheist one and the creation scientist part. Please tell me it's a joke site and I'm just confused. Please

also, the first time the lamb made noise at me...I jumped...and I'm usually the one in the movie theatres who isn't surprised by the loud gunshot or something...

Anyways, this is what I feel is everything wrong with organized religion. Cutting out the freethinking as young as possible.

In my ideal world there could still be churches, but children would not be raised one way or another. They would be allowed to make their own decision later in life, whenever they felt it was time. I imagine it could even change if the desire arose. I still don't understand how people can say, "I was raised Catholic, and now I'm a struggling Catholic." No, you're not a struggling Catholic, you're a something, go find a church that shares your values and become a part of it. Takes a lot of struggle out of it. A pipe dream.

Has anyone heard of or been a stuggling atheist? I don't think it's possible.
Cruise the site some if you got the time...you'll be very very scared.
Anyways, thoughts? ideas? comments?

On a real side note: I was reading Eldest, which is part of that dragon series Eragon, which just had a movie released, since I'm on J-term and can afford to indulge on an easy read, and in that book the elves are atheist and one has a conversation with the main character and basically says everything we talk about here, minus scriptures. I laughed. It was my most nerdy moment of the day.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Kestrel

Now, now...you're just being a Mr. Gruff.  :lol:
Yeah I agree, it's creepy alright.

I recall that passage in the book. It stood out like some public service announcement. (Good story. Taking forever for the final book.)
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

Tom62

Wow, that site is discusting. In the Craft's area you could f.e. let your kids make crucifiction nails.... How sick can you get?

QuoteAtheists are often very grumpy and bitter and will lash out at children or they may even try to trick you into neglecting God's Word.
I thought that we are all happy atheists here on this happy atheist forum :lol:?

QuoteVery advanced witnessing techniques are needed for these grouches. Let the adults handle them.
Hmm... funny, I've never met a fundamental christian who could handle atheists with "very advanced witnissing techniques. The only sense that these people can make is nonsense.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Kestrel

After digging through the site a bit, it appears to be spoof/parody stuff.
Fairly well done, though.  :lol:
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

Whitney

Quote from: "Kestrel"After digging through the site a bit, it appears to be spoof/parody stuff.
Fairly well done, though.  :lol:

I've seen it before and I'm pretty sure it's a parody site...yet it is hard to tell.

Big Mac

It's a parody site from what I've gathered from other sources. It's like Landover Baptist: the dead-pan approach is the funniest and they never break character.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

ImpaledSkier

I'm glad it's a parody...real glad.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Big Mac

Actually, I'm glad for idiots who really think this kind of stuff. We can scare them away most of the time. Just tell them you breath fire.

Will

"Lambuel" had me laughing outloud. Also, it made me think, "I'm going to get a delicious cold lamb sandwich with slivced apples and picans and gorgonzola cheese."
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Big Mac

Now that sounds kind of good. I haven't had lamb in a long time.

ImpaledSkier

I had some amazing lamb over Christmas...my 'rents know how to cook meat that is for sure.

The kanga-Jew was my favorite, btw.

Big Mac

I kind of liked Habu. Though Kanga-Jew is pretty original.