News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

THE GREAT FAITH OF THE EVOLUTIONIST

Started by perspective, June 10, 2009, 09:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terranus

One fallacy I've noticed in many religious persons' arguments against science and evolution is that humans are seperate from nature and somehow independent of it's laws.

You must understand - humans are just as much a part of nature as a rock on the ground. Many humans (even non-religious ones) have a tendency to use the "us & them" mentality where nature is concerned - we seperate ourselves and our actions from those of every thing else on our planet. But all of us and everything we do can and should be considered acts of nature as well.  To quote the one verse in the bible I agree with, "You are dust, and to dust you shall return". - Genesis 3:19
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

ForTheLoveOfAll

Quote from: "terranus"One fallacy I've noticed in many religious persons' arguments against science and evolution is that humans are seperate from nature and somehow independent of it's laws.

Something that I respect about many Eastern religions is that they came to an understanding about the unification of all things.
Really, though, if everything started at one point, we're all one in a scientific sense, too.
A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
-Carl Sagan

I loved when Bush came out and said, "We are losing the war against drugs." You know what that implies? There's a war being fought, and the people on drugs are winning it.
- Bill Hicks