News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Abortion Doctor Murdered in (get this...) Church!

Started by curiosityandthecat, May 31, 2009, 08:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

QuoteGeorge Tiller, a Wichita doctor who was one of the few doctors in the nation to perform late-term abortions, was shot to death on Sunday as he attended church, city officials in Wichita said.

Dr. Tiller, who had performed abortions since the 1970s, had long been a lightning rod for controversy over the issue of abortion, particularly in Kansas, where abortion opponents regularly protested outside his clinic and sometimes his home and church. In 1993, he was shot in both arms by an abortion opponent but recovered.

http://bit.ly/yX6xV

In CHURCH of all places. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Isn't that kind of like shitting where you eat?
-Curio

Whitney

I would say that I'm surprised....but for some reason I am not; hmm.

McQ

Shit! You beat me to it! I was just about to post this topic.

I'm taking bets. $100 says it's a "christian".
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

trueatheist

When will ATHEISTS like us be able to stop all this non-sense??

Tanker

Quote from: "McQ"Shit! You beat me to it! I was just about to post this topic.

I'm taking bets. $100 says it's a "christian".

heck I'll bet $1,000,000 that they already say that the doctor wasen't.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
QuoteGeorge Tiller, a Wichita doctor who was one of the few doctors in the nation to perform late-term abortions, was shot to death on Sunday as he attended church, city officials in Wichita said.

Dr. Tiller, who had performed abortions since the 1970s, had long been a lightning rod for controversy over the issue of abortion, particularly in Kansas, where abortion opponents regularly protested outside his clinic and sometimes his home and church. In 1993, he was shot in both arms by an abortion opponent but recovered.

http://bit.ly/yX6xV

In CHURCH of all places. Amazing. Absolutely amazing. Isn't that kind of like shitting where you eat?

The Christian religious fanatic that murdered the doctor didn't consider the church to be a church.  It wasn't his church so it was just a nest of Satan.  He'd implied as much with his online comments well before the murder.

Kylyssa

The tendency towards divisiveness (between sects that we as outsiders can barely, if at all, tell the differences between) in religion is what makes it so dangerous.  The religious fanatic thinks that only his church peers are "Us" and that everybody else is a demonized "Them" undeserving of basic humane considerations.  The need to demonize brings life to the galvanizing hate speech which fosters religious violence.

BadPoison

tauromaquia

I think that actions like these put to rest the belief that christians really believe in punishment in an "afterlife."
If you TRULY believed that a "life" after this one was an eternity of torment,how could you rationalize that any action that you could take would even approach that?
And,for the "pro-life" leadership that egged this lunatic on...how can seriously believe that their "deity" wouldn't be able to see through their hypocrisy and deal w/ them accordingly?

I guess the only  bad part of self-delusion and hypocrisy is when it's pointed out to you that you are engaging in it.

MommaSquid

Quote from: "Nulono"At, not in.

In the foyer of the church.  That sounds like in church to me.  Curio is rarely inaccurate.

QuoteRoeder was arrested about three hours after Tiller was shot to death in the foyer of his Wichita, Kansas church around 10:00 am (1500 GMT) Sunday.

Whitney

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Curio is rarely inaccurate.
Normally only for entertainment's sake.  :D
-Curio

disposablechild

ignorant christians. there's so many things that can be said about this. ... christian eh? thou shall not do murder? love thy neighbor?