News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

"God doesn't believe in atheists"

Started by Nazzer, May 27, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"who programmed our brain?
[/quote]
That seems about right to me...

if you watch a lot of TV, anyway.

Jolly Sapper

oohhh!!..

If "God doesn't believe in atheists" that means that either god doesn't exist or I don't exist.

Damn, that's too long to fit on a T-shirt!  :upset:

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Quote from: "Psalm23"
Quote from: "Sophus":idea:

So....

God is all knowing. God doesn't believe in atheists. God doesn't believe in other gods. God is an atheist. God doesn't believe in himself. Thus God doesn't exist.

............did I get it right?     lol. God believes in atheists because GOD said atheists would exist long before atheism existed..

religion has been a part of mankind since the dawn of human kind.

Yes, superstitious ideation goes back to the dawn of human history and continues today ...

The first religions were practiced by nomadic tribes (as far back as the Paleolithic); they were shamanistic.  There was no god/s in their belief system, shamanistic religions believed that the dead became ancestors located "on the other side of the hill" and were available for advice through the special communicative abilities (trance) of the tribal shaman.

Over time as nomadic peoples became agrarian (~8,000 BCE) and then urbanized (~3000 BCE), highly respected ancestor characters evolved into the mythic cosmological (means located in nature, not supernatural) gods of the polytheistic religions (Egyptian, Greek, Mesopotamian, etc) ... even Genesis has echoes of polytheistic ideation, ie: male god, Baal, and his female goddess consort, Ashtoreth, versus Yahweh.

About 1000 BCE, cosmological gods began to morph into the transcendent (supernatural) deity characters featured in monothiestic religions, ie: Zoroastrianism's Ahura Mazda; Yahwism's (eventual Judaism) Yahweh; etc.  

The second commandment  (Exodus: Do not have any other gods before me) illustrates the historical tension between retreating polytheistic worldviews and emerging monotheism.  Scholars place the Book of Exodus at about 600-500 BCE.

Quote from: "Psalm23"can you prove to me atheism was embedded in the mind during creation? because according to modern science. "God" is programmed into the human brain.

who programmed our brain?

Who programmed our brain?  

Oooo-kay, I can see that this is going to be difficult for you.  

BuckeyeInNC

Who programmed our brains . . .

Well, here is what science has to say about that = = = > evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMmvu9e ... annel_page

Atrax Robustus

Quote from: "Psalm23"because according to modern science. "God" is programmed into the human brain.

Oh please show me your source!

THIS I have just got to see! :devil:
If you want to challenge reality you need to read more than one book.

Whitney

Quote from: "Atrax Robustus"
Quote from: "Psalm23"because according to modern science. "God" is programmed into the human brain.

You might have to go ask him at www.athesitthinktank.net (whom he is currently trolling) He's on a week vacation from HAF and the email he sent me after I told him about his little trip lead me to think he won't be returning.

Jolly Sapper

No source, but I do remember hearing about research going on to see if there were some kind of difference in genes or brain chemistry/function between those who claim to actually feel the presence of supernatural things and those who don't feel any presences.

I think that may have been what Psalm was referring to.

samuel

Either:
God is real, and atheists really do believe in a god.
or
There is no god, thus cannot believe in anything, let alone atheists.
or
God is real, but doesn't believe in things that exist (thus isn't an all-knowing god).

BadPoison

God most likely doesn't believe in atheists because God most likely isn't real.

God is a fictional character that believes in atheists.

idienothinghappens

michael

Yeah, guys like this usually disappear after they preach for a couple of posts.  When they get asked a tough question like the above "name your source", they're gone.

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Atrax Robustus"

You might have to go ask him at http://www.athesitthinktank.net (whom he is currently trolling) He's on a week vacation from HAF and the email he sent me after I told him about his little trip lead me to think he won't be returning.
Hi.  Click these links to follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook, and visit my personal website.
[size=85]"But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under