News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Biblical Genocides

Started by Dragon_Of_Heavon, July 07, 2009, 05:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon_Of_Heavon

Sodom and Gomora aside I am looking for the other genocides in the bible. Can any one provide me with the exact passages?
When the last bastion of religion falls the religious will look up at the sky and ask their God why? And then they will collapse wailing and grinding their teeth. The atheist will look at his feet and say "I think that I can build something better here!"

thiolsulfate

Exodus 32:26-27

God orders the Israelites to kill each other for having worshiped an idol -- then they kill 3000 of themselves

Numbers 5:1-4

God orders the Israelites to abandon the sick to die

Numbers 16:20-35, 41-50

Korah has an argument with Moses so god kills Korah and his family and 250 people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then when people go, "hey, god, what the hell?" god kills them as well

Numbers 21:34-35

God puts the fate of the Amorites in the hands of Moses -- so Moses kills them all

Numbers 25:6-13

An Israelite brings a Mindanite woman before Moses and Phineaus, Moses' grandnephew, drives a spear into the man the woman's womb (presumably aborting the foetus [oh noes god]) and god rewards Phineaus with priesthood because god is a fucking racist. (Also, this is one of the passages used when interracial marriage was opposed by the religious.)

Numbers 31:1-54

God orders Moses to kill all the Midianites except the little girl children who have never known a man. But don't worry, they were just used as slaves -- because god would never allow rape.

Numbers 33:50-56

God orders his people to kill all the Cannanites. ALL of them. They go, "I dunno, I could always use more little girl children slaves." Then god goes, "aw hells, no. If you don't fuck them up, I'm gonna fuck you up." So they kill the Cannanite prisoners.

(Running Tally: that's three genocides just in Numbers)

More later. I've got these all noted out in my bible.

Chimera

Would the Flood of Noah count?
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Karras

I would say the flood counts, yes.

Also, Genesis 12:11-19. Abr(ah)am seems to be in the habit of palming his wife off on the local royalty, saying she is his sister. The first time this is mentioned they are in Egypt and "And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife."

No body count mentioned but this happens because the father of several of our modern religions pimps his wife out, because he is afraid he will be killed if anyone knows they are married.

There is a later incident with Abilmech where God does not unleash plagues on them but does seem to make all the women barren, all because of pimp daddy Abraham again. Abraham does do allright out of it in animals and slaves before the "mercifull" God heals them.

idienothinghappens

Well i like the Genesis, God created everything really pretty and all...its kinda relaxing

Sophus

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver